GAME THREAD: Pitt vs UB Sat 9/12 @ 12 NOON

PromoTheRobot

Turner Gill's main asset his whole career has been shaping young men and excellent recruiting.

I don't think he would acheive as much at the NFL level as he could in college.

That could well be true, though Gill was a QB Coach at Green Bay so he does have some exposure at the NFL level. Plus winning in the MAC has to be easier. Still there's no question Gill has more coaching chops in his little toe than Dick Jauron ever had on his best day.

PTR

The latest ticket update for the UB game is 8,000 remaining. 8,000 left coming off a championship season is pathetic. Why would Turner Gill want to stay at a program people don't appreciate? People would rather moan about how awful the Bills are than take an afternoon and appreciate a local winner. No wonder WNY has such a loser's attitude.

I hope some of you make it. The rest can see it on TV.

PTR

The latest ticket update for the UB game is 8,000 remaining. 8,000 left coming off a championship season is pathetic. Why would Turner Gill want to stay at a program people don't appreciate? People would rather moan about how awful the Bills are than take an afternoon and appreciate a local winner. No wonder WNY has such a loser's attitude.

I hope some of you make it. The rest can see it on TV.

PTR

Hey, 21,000 ain't nothing to sneeze at. They're coming along.

Hey, 21,000 ain't nothing to sneeze at. They're coming along.

That is true. Attendance is going up every year. I just wanted a full house and it still might happen if enough students show up. I won't be here to keep posting game updates. I will be at the game. Hopefully someone else will step in.

PTR

This much is clear at halftime, if James Starks was playing, I think UB is winning this game. Mario Henry was good before he got injured last year but fumbling twice inside your own 10 yard line is unacceptable. Still a lot of time to go but those 14 points I think will be the difference.

Why can't Starks get an exemption so he can play next year. I thought the NCAA always did that for injured seniors, or maybe it's just for those in big conferences?

Just got back from the game. 21,800 was the attendance. Both sideleine and 2/3 of the endzone bleachers full. (But unlike RWS, UB fans are too sedate.) Weather was awesome. I think I got a slight burn.

Despite all the eff-ups UB was still in the game with 5 minutes left. Yes, Starks would have made a huge difference, but this game was the most undisciplined I've seen them play since before Gill. Still they hung tough. Maynard 422 yds, 4 TD's in his second start, and they was not made in garbage time.

Next game @ UCF next Sat. Next home game in 3 weeks vs Central Mich. That will be every bit as tough as Pitt.

PTR