8-8 or 2-14???

zdro22

I'd say a 10-year playoff drought is a little bit more than "adversity."

Amen. I hope the Bills go undefeated this season and post season. Do I believe Jauron could get them there with this coaching staff? Nope.

This mess should have been cleaned up last year. At a minimum Ralph should have put a gun to Jauron's head (figuratively) and said get yourself a true Offensive Coordinator or you are fired.

This is the exact scenario I want as well. Shanahan would be my first choice as head coach.

I'll settle for 4 - 12 and a high enough pick to draft Bradford or McCoy.

Advice to Bills Fans:

Set your expectations very low for this team...when they fail to meet them you will not have far to fall.

If they meet your low expectations.....no problem it is all you expected.

If they beat your low expectations ......well that ain't gonna happen with this team!

If anyone votes for 2-14, you obviously do not remember the really bad years. I remember 1-13, 2-12, 2-14, 4-12. They are not very fun!

Starting 5-1 and finishing 7-9 was awful. I'd rather suck all year and dream of a franchise QB than have my heart ripped out by week 10 again by mediocrity.

Back to back 2-14 brought a hall of fame cast as a reward.

Starting 5-1 and finishing 7-9 was awful. I'd rather suck all year and dream of a franchise QB than have my heart ripped out by week 10 again by mediocrity.

Did you sit in the stands during those 2-14 seasons?? I did and it SUCKED!! Do not want to see that ever again.

Yep. I trust Mr Polian to right our ship, just like he did before.

Did you sit in the stands during those 2-14 seasons?? I did and it SUCKED!! Do not want to see that ever again.

I was there back in those days and you're right. It wasn't the greatest feeling in th world.

we are toeing a thin line. The only hopes of getting a legitimate head coach is DJ keeping his job all year. a 2-14 seaon might get him fired at week 6, Bobby April/ Perry Fewell becomes are new head coach through the following season. Another 7-9 season might let DJ keep his job.

we need to do poor enough to get DJ fired, but well enough for him to stay for 16 games.

If anyone votes for 2-14, you obviously do not remember the really bad years. I remember 1-13, 2-12, 2-14, 4-12. They are not very fun!

How can they be fun? That is downright painful. I don't think we are that bad, but we are certainly not good enough at this point to make the playoffs. Hopefully our front office will realize that 7-9 seasons year after year are not good enough.

It's not what you have to pick from, it's who you pick. Mike Tomlin was a coordinator of all of one season (and a 6-10 season @ that, if I recall) and he's turned out to be a fantastic head coach. Sean Payton and John Fox were both candidates for the Bills' job that were passed over for Gregg Williams. None of the 3 had head coaching experience, yet Fox and Payton have done a pretty good job given their opportunities. Pick the right coach, and it doesn't matter if they have prior experience or not.

Agreed. But you still do have to pick a good one and spend the money to sign them which our front office hasn't proven they can do. All of the coaches you listed are the exceptions, not the rule.

Let's be honest - I think we will suck. But, I would rather have us win than lose. It sounds like a lot of people on the board want us to tank, which is ridiculous. Those people are not fans. Put all your feelings aside about Jauran, etc. - how great would it be if we were to actually be a .500 + team again??

2-14 is starting over again and re-building. Not sure if I trust this front office team to build a winner from scratch.

A hall of fame cast which was picked by someone who knew talent from posers. Unless the entire scouting department is fired as well, we can look forward to more reaches, head head scratching picks, tweeners and position changes. I hate to think what this team's draft board looks like. Do they just throw darts?