Handshaking

Bills#23Iowa

as one of those aforementioned "idiots," i happened to be at the Big Tree with a colleague watching the game that night, and happened to see the post-game circus unfold.

as an "idiot" does, i turned to my colleague and we discussed the possibility that Blount just might be suspended, though we didn't envision the entire season. we though had no 24-hour news cycle to fill and elected to keep our thoughts to ourselves and the bartender.

so, long story short, i don't think we had anything to do with the suspension or blowing anything out of proportion.

but thanks for thinking of us.

jw

here we go again, another guy in the media heard from. never mind espn and every network in the country was blathering on about this endlessly yesterday. this is something that has been happening on football fields forever, and now that it makes the news, this kid gets suspended for the season because of all the faux outrage from a bunch of dufus's who majored in english and drinking beer in college

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go again, another guy in the media heard from. never mind espn and every network in the country was blathering on about this endlessly yesterday. this is something that has been happening on football fields forever, and now that it makes the news, this kid gets suspended for the season because of all the faux outrage from a bunch of dufus's who majored in english and drinking beer in college

well, at least you've finally realized what i do for a living. good for you.

and yes, you're absolutely right, how could i have been so mistaken. hardly a game goes by in which a player slugs an opposing player on the field after a game and then starts shoving his own teammates attempting to calm him down, and then upon leaving said field, gets it from the crowd and needs to be physically restrained by no more than three people, including a police officer, and nearly dragged into the locker room.

yes, i've seen this often.

happens all the time and forever. this tradition in fact began with Michigan back in the 1900s, so it's good to see Mr. Blount proceeding ahead and carrying the torch.

and no, i didn't major in english. the beer was good, though.

jw

I still can't believe they suspended him for the season, football players have been duking it out since the game was invented

<_< what planet do you live on? :unsure:

He should have been arrested.

I am so glad to hear he is "undraftable" now. :w00t:

and yes, you're absolutely right, how could i have been so mistaken. hardly a game goes by in which a player slugs an opposing player on the field after a game and then starts shoving his own teammates attempting to calm him down, and then upon leaving said field, gets it from the crowd and needs to be physically restrained by no more than three people, including a police officer, and nearly dragged into the locker room.

happens all the time and forever. this tradition in fact began with Michigan back in the 1900s, so it's good to see Mr. Blount proceeding ahead and carrying the torch.

jw

so all the bench clearing brawls that have happened in football over the last 10 years ( I assume you've seen them) should have resulted in entire teams being suspended for the season. are you a man or or a woman, because you sure do argue like as girl

jw

maybe you should go ask mr. wilson what to think

so all the bench clearing brawls that have happened in football over the last 10 years ( I assume you've seen them) should have resulted in entire teams being suspended for the season. are you a man or or a woman, because you sure do argue like as girl

A fight is far different than a sucker punch.

I've seen players sucker punch people during the game. they get kicked out of the game, or a penalty, but not a season suspension. like I said, the idiots in the media created this circus

In all seriousness, he did not get suspended for the season because of the punch......he got suspended for his actions (including the punch) yet more importantly, after the punch.

He displayed pretty poor behavior after he struck the BSU player. Plus, the need to be restrained and bear-hugged into the lockeroom, on a trip that should take 12 seconds but one that lasted a few minutes, susggest he is in dire need of help.

And I hope he gets it.

But, yes, he deserved the suspension and quite possible more (legal action?). That is intolerable behavior from a college student. Also, if he is on scholarship, the university HAD to suspend him and hopefully revoke his scholarship. No way tax-payers need to subsidize that behavior.

I've seen players sucker punch people during the game. they get kicked out of the game, or a penalty, but not a season suspension. like I said, the idiots in the media created this circus

You really are the perfect example of a dunderhead, aren't you?

"Stupidity is a renewable resource." Phil Smith

sounds like this quote applies to you

this poster's unstoppable and, as i've pointed out before, impervious to reason or logic. a mere trolling name-caller who apparently gets his/her giggles from making bad points and issuing silly accusations. it's astounding this person actually has the capability of typing, never mind citing quotes that might actually refer to him/her.

oh, sorry, jwws9999, let me type s-l-o-w-l-y 4 u so you can catch up, and perhaps provide a retort much closer to your level, you know, the one about rubber and glue?

geez.

jw