Game on in Syracuse Thursday?

I can't seem to find out this information--anyone know??

I read on the message boards a couple days ago that they would be showing a replay on Saturday on a Syracuse area station.

I doubt it will be on live tonight though as the black outs carry to Syracuse during the regular season. I get my channels out of Syracuse too, so I hope I am wrong.

I read on the message boards a couple days ago that they would be showing a replay on Saturday on a Syracuse area station.

I doubt it will be on live tonight though as the black outs carry to Syracuse during the regular season. I get my channels out of Syracuse too, so I hope I am wrong.

Thanks. Time warner still has it listed on the schedule but I think you are right.

Thanks. Time warner still has it listed on the schedule but I think you are right.

They legally can show the Bills since WTVH went to digital transmission. Because of digital transmission range is less than VHF and lower antenna height, channel 5 signal reachs about 15 miles less than VHF days. The signal does not reach to within 100 miles of Orchard Park anymore.

fcc dtv maps

They legally can show the Bills since WTVH went to digital transmission. Because of digital transmission range is less than VHF and lower antenna height, channel 5 signal reachs about 15 miles less than VHF days. The signal does not reach to within 100 miles of Orchard Park anymore.

fcc dtv maps

But they also go out over Dish Network and probably Direct TV as well which goes well into the 75 mile blackout range. An interesting situation. Hopefully some people from Syracuse will let us know what happens!

fcc dtv maps

Thanks, that's great news--hope we can then get the games that don't sell out in the coming years.

Thanks, that's great news--hope we can then get the games that don't sell out in the coming years.

Channel 5 just unlisted the game stating they were considered to be in the Bills' local area. I sent them an E-mail asking why, considering their lesser digital broadcast area.

According to the TV 5 website, no game tonight, schedule is marked "Programming unavailable" from 8 to 9:30 and "paid programming" (infomercial?) from 9:30 to 10:00

I have the direct tv signal from northern va. off a box from my brother who has a house there and he has sunday nfl ticket on there as well as the nfl network. I can't see why a local station in va. would televise Buffalo v. Detroit but I would have thought the nfl ticket, given its cost, would include preseason games, no?

Channel 5 just unlisted the game stating they were considered to be in the Bills' local area. I sent them an E-mail asking why, considering their lesser digital broadcast area.

didn't they extend the deadline for the switch over to digital from analog?