Expect 5 wide formation on Sunday night

Coach Tuesday

you can't just destroy the patriots off the line in the 5 WR set and expect to win....first of david givens can't be stopped by a jam-the guy's huge

troy brown is way too savvy for that kind of thing too

it dosen't make sense to try to out-physical the patriots, they are known for being physical themselves

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can't just destroy the patriots off the line in the 5 WR set and expect to win....first of david givens can't be stopped by a jam-the guy's huge

troy brown is way too savvy for that kind of thing too

it dosen't make sense to try to out-physical the patriots, they are known for being physical themselves

113329[/snapback]

Of course it makes sense. Every game they have lost in the past three years they have been "out-physicalled" in. Every single one of them. Your team is great but they do NOT have answers for every possible scenario as you seem to think they do. If you expect reasonable answers here you must be objective about your own team.

I think this has something to do with the post:  Questionable: Branch

Since Branch went out, Tom Brady has had some pretty poor numbers.

These are stats from the first game the Patriots played against the Colts as mentioned earlier.

WR:  Deion Branch (7-86 receiving on 9 targets, 1 TD)

Branch was clearly the go-to player in the passing attack.

112957[/snapback]

Branch may have been the go to guy but the guy who is replacing him - David Givens is no slouch ...... he's posting better receiving stats than Mould is. And I just read that 36 of his 37 catches have resulted in 1st downs. That's freaking amazing.

If Branch does come back for this game, he and Givens could be a major headache for us. Then throw in Brown, Patton and that speedster Johnson, and it could get dicey out there in pass coverage.

Branch may have been the go to guy but the guy who is replacing him - David Givens is no slouch ......  he's posting better receiving stats than Mould is. And I just read that 36 of his 37 catches have resulted in 1st downs.  That's freaking amazing.

If Branch does come back for this game, he and Givens could be a major headache for us. Then throw in Brown, Patton and that speedster Johnson, and it could get dicey out there in pass coverage.

113608[/snapback]

Which would you rather have, a guy who catches 37 for 642 and 3 TDs from Tom Brady, or a guy who catches 47 for 616 and 4 Tds from Drew Bledsoe? How again is 10 less catches and one less TD for 26 more yards better stats? They look pretty even to me, although I would take the extra touchdown.

If this game turns into a track meet with both teams using a lot of empty backfields, I tink it advantages us as both their starting CBs are gone. I doubt we will do our part of this equation as our strategy is to run and run it again as WM has been a real producer for us.

Nevertheless, back-up CBs are a real tempting target and I think we will see more 1 RB Bills sets and see WM going out on pass plays. In terms of their O, I think they have got to test McGee early and try to get in his head after the debacl last week.

Thus, neither tesm will want this to be a track meet, but temptation willprobably get the better of both sides.

Which would you rather have, a guy who catches 37 for 642 and 3 TDs from Tom Brady, or a guy who catches 47 for 616 and 4 Tds from Drew Bledsoe? How again is 10 less catches and one less TD for 26 more yards better stats? They look pretty even to me, although I would take the extra touchdown.

113650[/snapback]

Givens has more yards receiving than Moulds, he has more yards per game receiving than Moulds, he has a much higher receiving average than Moulds does, he has a far greater number of 1st down catches than Moulds does, his longest pass catch is longer than Moulds, his number of catches of 20+ is higher than Moulds, his number of catches of 40+ is higher than Moulds. Moulds gets him on # of grabs and 1 more TD made however Givens beats Moulds every other way.

The Pats have only 5 WR's active:

Givens-Johnson

Patten-Brown-Kasper

Givens has started 6 of the 8 games so far, netting 644 yards (17.4 avg)

Bethel Johnson has 6 catches, 92 yards

Patten has started 7 of the 8 games so far, netting 430 yards (16.5 avg)

Troy Brown has fallen off, 4 games 0 starts, 95 yards, (10.6 avg)

Kasper has no catches for no yards

Givens has more yards receiving than Moulds, he has more yards per game receiving than Moulds, he has a much higher receiving average than Moulds does, he has a far greater number of 1st down catches than Moulds does, his longest pass catch is longer than Moulds, his number of catches of 20+ is higher than Moulds, his number of catches of 40+ is higher than Moulds.  Moulds gets him on # of grabs and 1 more TD made however Givens beats Moulds every other way.

113666[/snapback]

I repeat. I would rather have more touchdowns and 10 more catches than 26 more yards, but hey, I like catches and points, that's just me.

Besides, if you want to just make up statistics that aren't statistics, Moulds has more games of touchdowns, Moulds has more halves with touchdowns, Moulds has more catches per game, more catches per half, more catches per quarter, more catches per pass, more touchdowns per pass, more touchdowns per play, and did it all with one less letter in his first name.

I think this has something to do with the post:  Questionable: Branch

Since Branch went out, Tom Brady has had some pretty poor numbers.

These are stats from the first game the Patriots played against the Colts as mentioned earlier.

WR:  Deion Branch (7-86 receiving on 9 targets, 1 TD)

Branch was clearly the go-to player in the passing attack.

112957[/snapback]

Branch didn't play in the game in Buffalo. Didn't seem to bother them too much, judging by Brady's 112.9 QB rating.

And whatever everyone's expecting the Patriots to run, they'll still find a way to surprise you. They started that first game with their 2-TE/FB package (only 1 WR), and proceeded to throw on the first four plays......

All this talk about the Pats passing game. Don't discount the Pats running game.

It's been VERY good this season. Dillon is averaging 107 yard rushing per game this season. That's 4th best in the league. Dillon is also averaging 4.9 yards per carry, which ranks him 3rd best overall amongst RB's with 100 or more carries.

Most impressive perhaps is that when the Pats are leading in the game and need to grind out the clock along the ground to preserve the win they have been able to do so.

If we get behind on these guys and they lead us heading into the 4th quarter, it's probably lights out.

All this talk about the Pats passing game.  Don't discount the Pats running game. 

It's been VERY good this season. Dillon is averaging 107 yard rushing per game this season.  That's 4th best in the league. Dillon is also averaging 4.9 yards per carry, which ranks him 3rd best overall amongst RB's with 100 or more carries.

Most impressive perhaps is that when the Pats are leading in the game and need to grind out the clock along the ground to preserve the win they have been able to do so. 

If we get behind on these guys and they lead us heading into the 4th quarter, it's probably lights out.

113711[/snapback]

Not worried about Dillon at all this week. We held him to 79 yds rushing the 1st game and our run D has stiffened since then.

The Pats started CBs who did not even start on their college teams last year!!! The Bills need to take advantage of those mismatches. Moulds and Evans could have a field day, and with NE dropping the safeties back into coverage to help McGahee could really run free. I am very worried about the Bills' defense against the spread offense. NE runs it very well with average receivers but the Bills are very thin at CB as well.

Guest Patsrulz
The Pats started CBs who did not even start on their college teams last year!!!  The Bills need to take advantage of those mismatches.  Moulds and Evans could have a field day, and with NE dropping the safeties back into coverage to help McGahee could really run free.  I am very worried about the Bills' defense against the spread offense.  NE runs it very well with average receivers but the Bills are very thin at CB as well.

113791[/snapback]

If the Rams offense with Bulger, Faulk, Holt and Bruce couldn't exploit the Pats defense I highly doubt you guys will.

If the Rams offense with Bulger, Faulk, Holt and Bruce couldn't exploit the Pats defense I highly doubt you guys will.

113805[/snapback]

The Rams only ran the ball 12 times all game and Faulk was averaging almost 6 yds per carry. You won that game because Mike Martz is a f-ing moron who even admitted he wanted to pass on every down. Nothing like giving NE your game plan ahead of time.

Guest Patsrulz
The Rams only ran the ball 12 times all game and Faulk was averaging almost 6 yds per carry.  You won that game because Mike Martz is a f-ing moron who even admitted he wanted to pass on every down.  Nothing like giving NE your game plan ahead of time.

113822[/snapback]

The Rams only ran 12 times because they were down by 2 TD's midway thru the 3rd and had to pass in order to catch up.

And please don't expect McGahee to be able to run on the Pats like Faulk did with his 6 yards per carry total. In his 3 starts as your RB, McGahee hasn't come close to averaging 6 yards per carry. In fact, twice he's been well under 4 yards per carry with the other just 4.3 yards per carry. Nothing special about these totals for your new RB. In fact, it's way below average. By contrast, our RB has gone for 5.7, 4.9, 4.2, 5.2, 4.6, 5.2, 4.5 yards per carry in his 7 outings.

Guest please blitz TOM

brady is one of the best vs the blitz,pitt got to him alot with there front 4,sometimes front 3 only. buf blitz 47 times last time???

dillon rushed for 4.2 ypc and a td when he faced buf in week 3.

willis is averaging 3.7 ypc for a total. not something to brag about.

pats by atleast 10

ohhh-as of now,givens s having a beter season the moulds. moulds got like 10 garbage time catches this year. didnt he have like 3 in that one last drive vs the pats when drew keep dumping the ball off.

The Rams only ran 12 times because they were down by 2 TD's midway thru the 3rd and had to pass in order to catch up.

And please don't expect McGahee to be able to run on the Pats like Faulk did with his 6 yards per carry total. In his 3 starts as your RB, McGahee hasn't come close to averaging 6 yards per carry.  In fact, twice he's been well under 4 yards per carry with the other just 4.3 yards per carry. Nothing special about these totals for your new RB. In fact, it's way below average.  By contrast, our RB has gone for 5.7, 4.9, 4.2, 5.2, 4.6, 5.2, 4.5 yards per carry in his 7 outings.

113842[/snapback]

But then again, McGahee hasn't had the opportunity to run against a mediocre Patriots run D yet, either - he never touched the ball in the meeting in Buffalo, while Travis Henry was busy having his best game of the season. (4.1 ypc, vs. 3.2 ypc in the rest of the games he's played so far.)

But then again, McGahee hasn't had the opportunity to run against a mediocre Patriots run D yet,

114080[/snapback]

Pats have a mediocre run defense?

Pats have a mediocre run defense?

114117[/snapback]

21st in the league, giving up 4.2 yds/carry and 119 yds/game. That's 23.1 yards/game more than Buffalo's rush D.

21st out of 32 teams? Yes, I'd say that qualifies as mediocre.