Coaching Fundamentals

AF88Bills

I know it's a theme to fuss about the coaching, but I was hoping to start a thread that actually illustrates a few things that should be an indictment of the coaching...because I think the team has plenty of Talent.

1. Tackling--maybe it's the soft training camps, maybe it's lack of emphasis at practice, but I notice many games where our guys are throwing arm tackles...while the opponents are jacking our players up with form tackles to the turf. There is no excuse, especially when we've had an extra week to prepare

2. D-Scheme--bend, but don't break. While the opponent is making plays, we are always just close enough to make a tackle after the run or the long pass completion. For some reason our guys are one step behind. I think it's because the scheme doesn't clog the passing lanes, and it's all reactive instead of attacking. We have talented players all around, and seem to be relatively deep.

3. O-scheme--this is self explanatory. We've seen the 100 of posts on the line. There shouldn't be an excuse with all the weapons the Bills have--Evans, Parrish, TO, Lynch, Rhodes, Jackson. There are enough weapons to DICTATE to the defense what you are going to do....not just take what it gives you.

4. Failure to improve players at key positions--QB is the largest thing I've seen. Trent is a good QB. He is in his third yr. For some reason, he just doesn't seem to be progressing like he should...remember his latest frustration where he says he just doing what he's been coached to do.

5. I've read in more than one professional opinion, that says the talent level in the NFL is a lot closer than people think...what's the difference? It's gotta be coaching. The proof is on the pudding, and our pudding hasn't looked to good lately.

Let's hope that something clicks come the first game...because our guys don't look to be well coached.

I know it's a theme to fuss about the coaching, but I was hoping to start a thread that actually illustrates a few things that should be an indictment of the coaching...because I think the team has plenty of Talent.

1. Tackling--maybe it's the soft training camps, maybe it's lack of emphasis at practice, but I notice many games where our guys are throwing arm tackles...while the opponents are jacking our players up with form tackles to the turf. There is no excuse, especially when we've had an extra week to prepare

2. D-Scheme--bend, but don't break. While the opponent is making plays, we are always just close enough to make a tackle after the run or the long pass completion. For some reason our guys are one step behind. I think it's because the scheme doesn't clog the passing lanes, and it's all reactive instead of attacking. We have talented players all around, and seem to be relatively deep.

3. O-scheme--this is self explanatory. We've seen the 100 of posts on the line. There shouldn't be an excuse with all the weapons the Bills have--Evans, Parrish, TO, Lynch, Rhodes, Jackson. There are enough weapons to DICTATE to the defense what you are going to do....not just take what it gives you.

4. Failure to improve players at key positions--QB is the largest thing I've seen. Trent is a good QB. He is in his third yr. For some reason, he just doesn't seem to be progressing like he should...remember his latest frustration where he says he just doing what he's been coached to do.

5. I've read in more than one professional opinion, that says the talent level in the NFL is a lot closer than people think...what's the difference? It's gotta be coaching. The proof is on the pudding, and our pudding hasn't looked to good lately.

Let's hope that something clicks come the first game...because our guys don't look to be well coached.

I'd add a 6th, EMOTION. No doubt it plays a role in performance. Can't believe for a minute that Jauron is a positive emotional influence anytime during the week or before a game. I don't see or hear from him or the players a winning display of passion.

Guest dog14787

horrible pudding, I'm eating it all up though so all the bad puddings gone :lol: