Republican "Small Government"

John Adams

This is Bush's Republican FCC... It's gotten so bad that the networks are afraid to air Saving Private Ryan?!?

article

BTW, I think this a network slap in the face of the Bush/Powell free speech quenchers. I don't think the networks are really scared of fines for Ryan; they just want the FCC to back off, and this is their vehicle to start this fight.

This is Bush's Republican FCC... It's gotten so bad that the networks are afraid to air Saving Private Ryan?!?

article

BTW, I think this a network slap in the face of the Bush/Powell free speech quenchers. I don't think the networks are really scared of fines for Ryan; they just want the FCC to back off, and this is their vehicle to start this fight.

112420[/snapback]

Good. The FCC should be disbanded and people should turn off their televisions if they don't like what's being aired.

Good.  The FCC should be disbanded and people should turn off their televisions if they don't like what's being aired.

112425[/snapback]

The FCC should certainly back down, but if they were disbanded, computers, cell phones, garage door openers, TV remotes, etc, would not be restricted to their own frequencies, and there would be total chaos.

In that regard, they serve a purpose. But as morality police, they can bite me.

Good.  The FCC should be disbanded and people should turn off their televisions if they don't like what's being aired.

112425[/snapback]

Easy there AD. The role of government is to protect people from themselves. We all need the government's help to make us good people.

The FCC should certainly back down, but if they were disbanded, computers, cell phones, garage door openers, TV remotes, etc, would not be restricted to their own frequencies, and there would be total chaos.

In that regard, they serve a purpose.  But as morality police, they can bite me.

112433[/snapback]

I agree with your overall sentiment - don't forget air traffic control, fire and police emergency dispatch, etc. There are legitimate purposes for maintaining frequency control and separation.

The morality police aspect would be another good example that both major parties are in favor of big government.