The Bills could have cut Kelsay and Schoebel

jwws9999

Why all of the sudden hate for Schobel? The guy has been a solid contributor for years. Not great, but solid. If he can get healthy he'll be back to form. He's never been much against the run and we know that, but he is a pretty good pass rusher. Our team is better with a healthy Schobel on the field so let's all hope and pray the guy can stay healthy instead of trying to run one of our better players out of town.

Pass-The-Pipe was right - Schobel's best days are long gone. He will never be what he was and for that - he should go to a tam and become a role playing pass rusher. (Unless he takes a pay cut and does so here...).

I can only speak for myself, but I think it comes from frustration with what he gets paid and the perception that all the losing doesn't bother him.

ok see, this just bothers me....why do fans feel they need to be bothered with what a player gets paid?...I know the money isn't coming out of my pocket, so why should I care what Ralph pays him?...When I pay for a ticket to see a game, I don't care how the money is divided, just that I get to go in and see the game...and as Bills fans, who have one of the lowest ticket prices in the NFL, we shouldn't be bitching...these players mostly get paid comparable to other teams and look what those teams charge to view a game...now, if you want say something like, "He gets gets paid to play, and doesn't show he cares", then maybe that would be different...but in all honesty, who cares how much they actually get?...besides, there are a lot of incentive clauses in most players contracts...so the final figure they get isn't always what we see as there pay.

I think they should cut Denney this year and then draft another DE in 2010...this DE will replace Kelsay...Kelsay is a leader and because of that, it might be a bigger hit to the team this year...of course Buffalo should be looking for a DE to replace schobel also via FA or draft in like 2 - 3 years...so cut Denney this year and keep Ellis and Bryan...cut Kelsay next year after they draft someone like Hardy or Selvie or whoever they like...and 3 years from now see how Schobel's play has been in 2009 and 2010...don't forget that just because these guys are on the team doesn't mean they are automatic starters...well it shouldn't anyways..lol

ok see, this just bothers me....why do fans feel they need to be bothered with what a player gets paid?...I know the money isn't coming out of my pocket, so why should I care what Ralph pays him?...When I pay for a ticket to see a game, I don't care how the money is divided, just that I get to go in and see the game...and as Bills fans, who have one of the lowest ticket prices in the NFL, we shouldn't be bitching...these players mostly get paid comparable to other teams and look what those teams charge to view a game...now, if you want say something like, "He gets gets paid to play, and doesn't show he cares", then maybe that would be different...but in all honesty, who cares how much they actually get?...besides, there are a lot of incentive clauses in most players contracts...so the final figure they get isn't always what we see as there pay.

Why? That's money that could go to somebody else. It could also go to buying out Jauron's contract or maybe towards not selling out a home game to Toronto. I guess it is a function of having an owner who is constantly reminding everyone how difficult it is to compete in Buffalo, and then you have guys like Schobel getting paid like premier players when they are not.