Mike takes over Lambeau

So we're out in Green Bay visiting relatives and our visit just happens to coincide with the Bills/Packers game. Honestly I couldn't have planned this better so we're going to tonight's game! We've got 6 seats, lower level, 50 yard line. Oh yeah, I'm stoked!

I'll be representing Bills nation to the best of my ability, hopefully I don't' get hit in the back of the head with giant wheel of cheese.

I should be safe, Packer nation is all in a tizzy over Favre joining the Vikes.

I'll let you know my impressions as soon as I can.

I am taking my 7 year old daughter to her first Bills game tonight. She will be decked out in an old Bruce Smith jersey and Bills hat signed by none other than Ralph Wilson himself!

As for the fans in Green Bay, I have gone to one or two games a year for the past 10 years since moving here from Buffalo, always wearing my Bills gear (Jack Kemp throwback tonight) and I have to endure some good natured ribbing, but they're pretty mellow for the most part.

Packers fans are pretty cool. My father-in-law bought me tickets for the Bills/Packers game a few years back (the REALLY REALLY cold game with a final of 7-3 or something like that). Everyone around me was cool, asking questions about the team, etc, etc. I celebrated loudly when we took the lead, and they were good natured about.

Hope you enjoyed yourself!!!

So my first game at Lambeau was AWESOME! Sure the Bills played like crap and looked even worse but I had a fantastic NFL experience. Lambeau is a beautiful stadium and the cheeseheads were absolutely awesome. The passion they have for their team is evident and frankly, they're all pretty stoked about this season and they should be. The stadium is a bit different in that all of the luxury boxes are way up high and the common fans all sit down in the bowl. It was very much a college atmosphere.

As for the Bills, they looked even worse live than they did on TV. Pass protection was solid but there is absolutely ZERO seperation between our WR and their DBs. On the running side, there are NO holes for Lynch to run through. Why our DB's continue to play 10 yards off the receiver is beyond me, especially in a goal line situation.

It's going to be a LONG season folks..............