Etukeren = Maybin

reginald

And I'm glad we have a player in Donte Whitner who got knocked out cold by a nobody running back in Sammy Morris. That was a embarrassment....period.

John, I need a spell check on "embarrassment."

forget embarrassment, it's the Donte Whitner/Sammy Morris thing that's got me confused now. how's this got anything to do with No. 71? was it an embarrassment that Chris Neil knocked out Chris Drury? what the?

and by the way, that was, by my count 4 periods leading up to the period followed by the period, which actually adds up to 6.

source: TBD. (the funny thread.)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori, Why do you have to check the replays? John W. may be technically correct, but it's not what he implied.

Thanks for your input though.

i wrote what i implied. i wrote series. i didn't write plays because i didn't care if he was on the field if when the touchdown was scored. i write in specifics ....... periods.

jw

Lori, Why do you have to check the replays? John W. may be technically correct, but it's not what he implied.

Thanks for your input though.

He implied (–adjective: involved, indicated, or suggested without being directly or explicitly stated) nothing. He explicitly stated, "Packers did score on the one series he was in," and he was absolutely right.

i wrote what i implied. i wrote series. i didn't write plays because i didn't care if he was on the field if when the touchdown was scored. i write in specifics ....... periods.

jw

But at least you're technically correct. Even though you're implicitly incorrect. Because Whitner got steamrolled.

Or...something... :rolleyes:

jw

I fully agree, case closed. Thirsty's or Jo Jo's?

Time to revisit this -- and yes, heaven help me, I looked at the replay:

Green Bay Packers at 8:09, (1st play from scrimmage 8:04)

#93 Chris Ellis in at RDE

1-10-GB 25 (8:04) T.Sutton left tackle to GB 25 for no gain (N.Harris, C.Bryan).

2-10-GB 25 (7:34) B.Brohm pass incomplete short right to K.Heckendorf.

3-10-GB 25 (7:30) (Shotgun) B.Brohm pass short left to J.Harris to GB 40 for 15 yards (J.Byrd).

PENALTY on GB-E.Moore, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced between downs.

1-10-GB 25 (7:08) T.Sutton right guard to GB 30 for 5 yards (C.Bryan, N.Harris).

2-5-GB 30 (6:34) B.Brohm pass incomplete deep right to J.Allen [J.McCargo].

3-5-GB 30 (6:29) (Shotgun) T.Sutton left tackle to GB 40 for 10 yards (R.Manalac; N.Harris).

1-10-GB 40 (5:59) T.Sutton left tackle to GB 40 for no gain (A.Bowen).

2-10-GB 40 (5:26) B.Brohm pass short right to K.Heckendorf to GB 49 for 9 yards (C.Harris).

#71 Etukeren in at RDE

3-1-GB 49 (4:53) T.Sutton left end pushed ob at BUF 41 for 10 yards (A.Etukeren).

PENALTY on BUF-E.Lankster, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at BUF 41.

--Lankster turned Sutton around by the facemask. Sutton was on his way out of bounds, with 71 the last one to touch him.

1-10-BUF 26 (4:45) K.Lumpkin left guard to BUF 21 for 5 yards (N.Harris, A.Etukeren).

--71 fights off 44 Moore and is in position to make the tackle, but Lumpkin runs through him. Guess they gave him an assist for slowing the guy down.

2-5-BUF 21 (4:07) T.Sutton left tackle to BUF 11 for 10 yards (J.Wendling).

--71 ridden completely out of the play, shows up just in time to trip over Wendling, who's on the ground with the RB.

# 93 Ellis back in at RDE

1-10-BUF 11 (3:25) B.Brohm pass short right to K.Heckendorf to BUF 3 for 8 yards (C.Harris).

2-2-BUF 3 (2:55) T.Sutton right tackle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-R.Martin.

Three running plays to Etukeren's side, 25 yards, 8.3 ypc. Ouch.

and those are the only plays we know he was out there for ...

but quit citing facts. they don't work. the only statistics that count are Etukeren's speed in relation to Maybin, which the point of this original post the the barrel of monkey's circus act that's followed.

jw

but quit citing facts. they don't work. the only statistics that count are Etukeren's speed in relation to Maybin, which the point of this original post the the barrel of monkey's circus act that's followed.

jw

Exactly. The sad thing is that Ataef...Atty will not get the contract that Maybin did due to his (non) draft position.

Probably we could get him in the fold for maybe 5 years, $20 million with $12 million guaranteed.

Okay. So what shall we have for lunch?

Lori,

I don't knowwww about your analysis, thought the play "Georgetown" made with 4:45 remaining was a nice assist.

Lori,

I don't knowwww about your analysis, thought the play "Georgetown" made with 4:45 remaining was a nice assist.

Would've been a nice tackle by a lot of other DEs, with no need for Harris to finish him off.

jw

Jonhny,

Come on, are you watching these games?

"Georgetown" made ANOTHER nice solo tackle in the final minute.

Is there even a point of dispute under discussion here? I'm not sure anymore.

The original poster said following the GB game, "Our man, #71 Etukeren had 2 solo tackles/1 assist...he was only in for a few plays at end of the game...not bad!"

I disagree. Strongly. Apparently, so did the Bills, since they hurriedly put Ellis back in the game on that drive.

But it shows his closing speed - that he was able to chase down the RBs after those 25 yard runs.

That has to account for something. We haven't seen a pure athletic talent like that since Filmel Johnson.

The original poster said following the GB game, "Our man, #71 Etukeren had 2 solo tackles/1 assist...he was only in for a few plays at end of the game...not bad!"

I disagree. Strongly. Apparently, so did the Bills, since they hurriedly put Ellis back in the game on that drive.

Demi Moore - A Few Good Men (1992)

I won't dispute that WAS the point. I'm not sure it still is, since reginald admitted jw was "technically correct", although implicitly incorrect. Whatever the !@#$ that meant.

And you still overlook the simple fact that Etukeren's preseason production has been FAR greater than Maybin's. :rolleyes: