Tight Ends

Coach55

Jesus Christ. You people amaze me.

Did I not already say that it's because he hasn't had the opportunity to play much yet, and that when he did, he played well? He was picked in the 4th round just 1 year ago, and in the limited time he's had, he's played well. That is the reason I don't believe he should be cut.

Somehow your brain cells mangled that into "he's a 4th round pick so he must be good."

No turd, I was just pointing out that because "he's a 4th round pick from a year ago" doesn't mean he's guaranteed a spot. I agree with you he's got the most upside among the three however I don't think any of the three are going to be great TEs. They all bore me as much as the other one......i wouldn't be shocked if any of them were cut.

In today's NFL, tight ends (especially pass-catching ones like Nelson) are lined up as slot WRs all the time. Most 4-wide and 5-wide spread formations include a tight end as one of the wideouts. Next time you watch a Colts game, see how many times Dallas Clark gets lined up next to a tackle. I'm guessing it'll be no more than 5 plays for the whole game. Clark is probably the most extreme example (he even lines up at split end sometimes), but most pass-catching threats at TE spend at least as much time in the slot as they do on the line. Considering Nelson never played on the line in college, it makes a lot of sense to start him out mostly out wide. Doesn't mean that he's a candidate to convert to WR, though.

This is how I see it as well, and Nelson is a keeper, IMO. Schouman? not so much..

I'm not for or against whether or not he should be cut at this point. My point is posters who state just because he was drafted in the 4th round a year ago, he deserves to stay around. Where you were drafted should not dictate whether or not you should be on the team, performance should.

Yes it does. If you're not clearly !@#$ing up, and you're picked anywhere in the first 4 rounds, you stay around after ONE year until you prove you aren't worthy. Fine hasn't shown he's not good yet.

No turd,
I was just pointing out that because "he's a 4th round pick from a year ago" doesn't mean he's guaranteed a spot.
I agree with you he's got the most upside among the three however I don't think any of the three are going to be great TEs. They all bore me as much as the other one......i wouldn't be shocked if any of them were cut.

Yeah... it pretty much does. If he hasn't done anything significant (like Wright fumbling 3 or 4 times in 2 consecutive games) then he'll be around. To any sane organization anyway.

I'm not for or against whether or not he should be cut at this point. My point is posters who state just because he was drafted in the 4th round a year ago, he deserves to stay around. Where you were drafted should not dictate whether or not you should be on the team, performance should.

Which is exactly what he said, but we shouldn't have interpretted "Fine was a 4th round pick from just a year ago. He's not going anywhere." differently I guess.

Yo ans.........this is you isn't it?

That's kind of ironic, considering YOU posted it, and the guy in the picture has a St. Louis shirt on, and your name is "Stl Bills"

:lol:

Touche...... :P I figured I'd probably catch some shiit for that but it was just too good of a pic.

Today's D&C article doesn't inspire confidence for all us Stupar rooters. Coiner didn't even mention him and appears to have penciled in Schouman, Fine & Nelson as the guys going into the season.

I understand that Stupar has gotten all his reps against 2nd & 3rd stringers, but I also don't recall Schouman nor Fine performing like that in preseason against backups.

Let's hope it's not another case of stellar talent evaluation by this staff.

Today's D&C article doesn't inspire confidence for all us Stupar rooters. Coiner didn't even mention him and appears to have penciled in Schouman, Fine & Nelson as the guys going into the season.

I understand that Stupar has gotten all his reps against 2nd & 3rd stringers, but I also don't recall Schouman nor Fine performing like that in preseason against backups.

Let's hope it's not another case of stellar talent evaluation by this staff.

Yeah. It was disconcerning to read how the coaches think Schouman is their most complete player. I highly doubt he gets cut. Looks like we're either keeping 4 TE's or Stupar is cut.