Washington Metros

_BiB_

Lots of resistance on the Stadium. Mayor Williams needs seven votes to get it through the City council, thinks he has it by siphoning some of the stadium funds off for special interest things certain council members want. Vote was supposed to be yesterday, but got stopped (delayed two weeks) by the head of the council who wants to explore private financing, which would require a renegotiation with MLB.

Anyone want a baseball team?

EDIT: Sorry, meant to say Expos.

Edited by _BiB_

Lots of resistance on the Stadium. Mayor Williams needs seven votes to get it through the City council, thinks he has it by siphoning some of the stadium funds off for special interest things certain council members want. Vote was supposed to be yesterday, but got stopped (delayed two weeks) by the head of the council who wants to explore private financing, which would require a renegotiation with MLB.

Anyone want a baseball team?

EDIT: Sorry, meant to say Expos.

110991[/snapback]

MLB already said since the deal is signed to play in JFK, they will play there for 3 years. MLB also said if DC doesn't pass the budget proposal and start on the stadium by end of year, then Loudan County/Northern Virginia will get the team, and that will be the end of it.

MLB already said since the deal is signed to play in JFK, they will play there for 3 years.  MLB also said if DC doesn't pass the budget proposal and start on the stadium by end of year, then Loudan County/Northern Virginia will get the team, and that will be the end of it.

111003[/snapback]

Wasn't aware. Thanks. Love the DC political scene. This will be quite the foodfight.

It will happen.  Mayor Tony has the votes.  Cropp merely grandstanding.  And this new "plan" of hers will crumble. 

Look for the Nationals to reveal season ticket plan information later today.

111091[/snapback]

That new plan is already crumbling, from what I understand. When she presented it, the reaction was polite snickering.

I know someone on the inside of this process, I'll see if I can get any good info...if only because DC politics is so entertainingly stupid.