Fight Song Questions

So I'm at work making fun of my co-worker at work because he's a Dolphin fan and the new T-Pain Remix of the Dolphins fight song is a downright embarrassment. We started looking up info about The Buffalo Bills Shout Song and couldn't find answers to a few things. I'm hoping some of the more long-time fans from the 60's-80's can provide some answers.

1) Who sings the Bills Fight song. I'm aware that it's an Isley Brother's rip off, but who is the original recording artist of The Bills Shout Song?

2) What year did Buffalo begin to adapt this song?

3) Was there any other official fight songs before the Bills Shout Song?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

According to the playlist for "Buffalo Bills - Ultimate Tailgate CD for Buffalo Fans" the "Buffalo Bills Shout (Part 1 & 2)" is performed by Buffalo Bills All Stars.

Not sure when it was adopted, probably late '80's. It was definitely used by '91. ~'94 they considered going to a different version of "Shout" apparently to reduce royalty payments, but outcry from the fans got that plan nixed.

Not sure if it was "official", but the team played "Talkin' Proud" in the early '80's.

1) Who sings the Bills Fight song. I'm aware that it's an Isley Brother's rip off, but who is the original recording artist of The Bills Shout Song?

Don't care what anybody says, don't care whose toes I step on...In my feeble brain the Shout song is sung by "Otis Day and the Knights"

That will do.

According to the playlist for "Buffalo Bills - Ultimate Tailgate CD for Buffalo Fans" the "Buffalo Bills Shout (Part 1 & 2)" is performed by Buffalo Bills All Stars.

Not sure when it was adopted, probably late '80's. It was definitely used by '91. ~'94 they considered going to a different version of "Shout" apparently to reduce royalty payments, but outcry from the fans got that plan nixed.

Not sure if it was "official", but the team played "Talkin' Proud" in the early '80's.

I was thinking the alternate Shout! was later than that, because I vividly remember booing it. Suppose that could have been one of the few games I attended in the mid-90s, though, before I started making regular pilgrimages to Orchard Park.

That alternate :rolleyes: song err, Shout song sucked royal <_< more than Camilla Parker Bowles. :w00t:

I was thinking the alternate Shout! was later than that, because I vividly remember booing it. Suppose that could have been one of the few games I attended in the mid-90s, though, before I started making regular pilgrimages to Orchard Park.

Memory is a funny thing. After you posted, I started thinking that it was later that the Bills had the royalty issues. But according to Bills Daily, it was the off season prior to '94 that the song nearly changed.