Tony Ugoh not a starter for the Colts

Fixxxer

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/233933-tony-ugoh-benched

ESPN.com is reporting that Charlie Johnson is the Colts starting left tackle, not Tony Ugoh. Jim Caldwell told reporters that he wants Charlie Johnson and Tony Ugoh battle to find who deserves to start at left tackle

------------

Ok, this kid had a phenomal rookie year, and a not so great 2nd year. It seems Caldwell doesn't want him to play at LT. Aparently this is not the case of a guy benched just to send a message, he's being moved to RT.

This kid was a second rounder (#42 overall) and as I said he had a great rookie season.

I know this is hypotethical, but what would you be willing to give up for him? With the almost McCargo trade in mind I think there could be some possibilities for this trade to occur.

If I'm the Bills I try to know what is the situation with this guy.

Would you honestly be happy trading away future draft picks and pieces of your roster for a LT who just proved to his coaches that he isn't good enough to play LT in a mostly 3 step drop offense? I wouldn't.

Good point. Plus, I know it is just one game, LT doesn't seem like it's going to be the problem with this line.

I was thinking swapping players. Maybe they are still interested in McCargo, who knows. He's young and he showed he could play LT in this league.

I wanted to see if you guys would be interested to see Walker back at RT and insert this guy at LT. I know is late in the game but him being familiar with a no huddle offense might be a less difficult transition.

I'm not comfortable with Walker at LT, that is all.

I was thinking swapping players. Maybe they are still interested in McCargo, who knows. He's young and he showed he could play LT in this league.

I wanted to see if you guys would be interested to see Walker back at RT and insert this guy at LT. I know is late in the game but him being familiar with a no huddle offense might be a less difficult transition.

I doubt they would make that trade, though. They offered a 4th for McCargo, is Ugoh worth that? He's probably worth a little more. Plus, it's not like Ugoh was going to the bench, he was still going to be a starter, just on the other side. McCargo is far from a starter. If we were to try and negotiate a deal, I think we'd have to give up more than McCargo. Ugoh has shown a lot more in this league than McCargo has, even though they are both at lowpoints in their careers.

Walker and Bell both played pretty well. It's LG that is our biggest worry right now. Plus, McCargo had by all accounts a great camp and played pretty well in the game. We're not very deep at DT either.

Walker and Bell both played pretty well. It's LG that is our biggest worry right now. Plus, McCargo had by all accounts a great camp and played pretty well in the game. We're not very deep at DT either.

I could not disagree more. Levitre has all the tools to be good at that position, all he's lacking is experience. We're not even sure Butler or Walker have the tools...

Would you honestly be happy trading away future draft picks and pieces of your roster for a LT who just proved to his coaches that he isn't good enough to play LT in a mostly 3 step drop offense? I wouldn't.

Camp starting roster charts - even dumber that regular season roster charts. If that's possible.

From what I read about Ugoh he has similar strengths and weaknesses that Bell has - very athletic but not as strong and explosive as you'd like- he does have more game experience- one question, is Charlie Johnson really really good or are they just disappointed in Ugoh.

They played well a few snaps, and hopefully the can mantain that level of play for over a game and a season. But that is the problem, hope, we always hang on to it at the beginning of every season. We finally have some serious weapons on the outside with Trent entering that important third year for QBs and all we have to show for is a work in progress O-line.

I really like Walker but I think his best position is at RT. Bell is a talented kid but I think the coaches are hurrying up his development (obviously Butler's injury didn't help) because they couldn't or wouldn't plan ahead properly.

I think the no huddle offense will help mask some of the defficiencies we have up-front, until the rookies are settled in their positions and can work well with Hangartner.

This thread wasn't started based on the last game, but that is how I feel about our tackles and I think there are some posibilities out there, at this time, to improve our team.