Does anyone honestly believe Jason White will be

UConn James

He's a great college QB, don't get me wrong. Likely the runner-up for the Heisman to AP if the voters have the b@lls to give it to a frosh.

For all of the hype around this guy, watching a few games last year and now the game on Saturday, I just don't see how he could make it against NFL defenses. His surrounding cast makes up for a lot of his short-comings.

The scouting services have basically said the same thing. No one will select this guy highly and he's not expecting it.

Still, he overachieves and QB's one of the most exciting teams in years. Watching teams like Oklahoma play is why College football is so enjoyable. He may follow the likes of Gino Toretta and Danny Wuerful ( sp ) into the NFL but the Sooner fans will never forget him. Would probably make a good NFL backup since he has displayed poise and ability to make plays in a major college program.

The scouting services have basically said the same thing. No one will select this guy highly and he's not expecting it.

Still, he overachieves and QB's one of the most exciting teams in years. Watching teams like Oklahoma play is why College football is so enjoyable. He may follow the likes of Gino Toretta and Danny Wuerful ( sp ) into the NFL but the Sooner fans will never forget him. Would probably make a good NFL backup since he has displayed poise and ability to make plays in a major college program.

110915[/snapback]

"Poise counts!" -- Cosmo Kramer

I think Mark summed it up pretty well. In terms of which QBs should do well in the NFL, I do think Matt Leinart is among the best, but I think Aaron Rodgers of Cal looks like the best prospect so far. Kyle Orton of Purdue looks good too, but I still don't know about how good of an NFL player he'll be.

I think Mark summed it up pretty well.  In terms of which QBs should do well in the NFL, I do think Matt Leinart is among the best, but I think Aaron Rodgers of Cal looks like the best prospect so far.  Kyle Orton of Purdue looks good too, but I still don't know about how good of an NFL player he'll be.

111061[/snapback]

Rodgers might not even come out, from what I'm reading. Not sold on Orton. Leinart may be a high pick and not as good as Losman. Beyond Leinart, it's really slim pickings. This may explain why TD rolled the dice on Losman, knowing the next QB class was very weak.

I think Mark summed it up pretty well.  In terms of which QBs should do well in the NFL, I do think Matt Leinart is among the best, but I think Aaron Rodgers of Cal looks like the best prospect so far.  Kyle Orton of Purdue looks good too, but I still don't know about how good of an NFL player he'll be.

111061[/snapback]

Thanks, both of you, for the input.

Leinart does seem to be the No. 1 QB pick. Haven't seen but a few highlight clips of the Cal QB but he did look good. Orton has sunk just in the last few weeks; I'm seeing him as a less successful version of Brian Greise, which is saying something....

In this next draft, the Bills have to be looking for a #2, or signing a vet #2 and looking for a #3 QB. There was a lot of speculation on UConn's QB Orlovsky at the start of the year, but I've yet to see his name come up. He's done very well for himself w/o much WR talent this year. I think he'd be a solid No. 2 when Drew is 86'ed.... Gotta think about the future.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.