Two things Ralph has that Jerry Jones does not

and he's got T.O. and to see what role Mr. Wilson played in landing Owens, see my piece today ...

"I said, `Sign him.'

jw

Good piece, JW. Who knew RW was such a maverick! But I'm not sure anyone could be surprised that RW had a major role in TO's signing.

I like TO as a player and respect the fact that nobody will outwork him, but man, I wish he'd chose his words more carefully. "...and got us to the Superbowl..." is a really self-centered piece of rhetoric. That said, I'm confident the locker room can handle his attitude.

GO BILLS!!!

Guest dog14787
and he's got T.O. and to see what role Mr. Wilson played in landing Owens, see my piece today ...

"I said, `Sign him.'

jw

Nice piece jw,

Ralph Wilson's life long dedication and accomplishments for the game of football is legendary. Signing T.O. was a brilliant move, for the City of Buffalo and for the team. More for RW than anyone else including myself, I really hope T.O. helps give our very special owner something to smile about when the playoffs roll around.

Cheers to RW, I hope he has a wonderful weekend. :thumbdown::D:beer:

Speaking as a transplanted WNY'er who has lived among Cowboy fans for the past 7 years, I can list two things Ralph has that Jerry Jones does not:

1) Thousands of appreciative fans who have seen their owner consistently put loyalty over profit;

2) A yellow jacket

Cheers to you Mr. Wilson - enjoy your time in the spotlight!

:thumbdown:

Amen - Ralph takes some cheap shots on TSW but I agree that he has been loyal to Buffalo and deserves the induction. Ralph could have moved the team long ago and I suspect he has made some sort of deal that will keep it in Buffalo (obviously I have no proof).

Amen - Ralph takes some cheap shots on TSW but I agree that he has been loyal to Buffalo and deserves the induction. Ralph could have moved the team long ago and I suspect he has made some sort of deal that will keep it in Buffalo (obviously I have no proof).

I got to meet Ralph at camp a few years ago and actually thanked him for not moving the team for more money. His reaction? He just laughed and said, "Pish posh [or some such], what am I going to do, sit around my kitchen table and count my money?" He gets a bum rap here by some for being cheap--he's not cheap, he's just smart enough to realize that playing in a small market increasingly makes it more difficult to compete in today's not really capped League. By "not really capped", I mean that the cap has come to have less and less meaning, as it's set high enough to allow large market teams to outspend small market ones, kind of defeating its purpose of a more level playing field. Let Kraft, Jones, Snyder et al have their way, it will be gone altogether and will go the way of MLB, which I haven't cared about personally in years.....