Burress is screwed

Mr. WEO

My prediction:

The commish will suspend him indefinately until after his legal issues are resolved after which he'll do the 2+ years get released and never step on a NFL field again as an active player.

My prediction is that Burress will never play in the NFL again. After he sits out this year, then sits in jail for anywhere from 2-who knows how many seasons, he will have been out of the league for at least half a decade, and he will be an afterthought.

The two year plea deal is absolutely off the table now. This is more on Burress than his attorney - It was reported that Plax was unwilling to take any more than a year in prison on a deal. There is no leeway with mandatory minimums, especially involving weapons/drug charges.

Plax was screwed the minute Mayor Bloomberg spoke out strongly against him shortly after the incident - his speech definitely put pressure on the prosecutors involved.

The best lawyer in the world couldn't have reduced the mandatory two year sentence for him. It seems these things keep happening and yet a lot of the players just don't get it.

And yet Donte Stallworth is a free man. Makes a lot of sense.

That is the comon sense taking over in your thought process..Throw it out when your factoring in there is noone for Plax to pay off with a few million...He shot his own dumbass..He should go to jail for that alone..If your gonna carry then at least be sure you know how to carry it properly and use it correctly...Same thing with Marshawn..Here he has millions but he has to go out smoke weed at the side of a lot and gets busted because he was out and about doing absolutley nothing..lol....If I had even a couple hundred grand house and I smoke Im doing it at home with my friends and inviting the tail there..These guys are not the smartest thats for sure..I find it hard to believe they can even comprehend a playbook...

That is the comon sense taking over in your thought process..Throw it out when your factoring in there is noone for Plax to pay off with a few million...He shot his own dumbass..He should go to jail for that alone..If your gonna carry then at least be sure you know how to carry it properly and use it correctly...Same thing with Marshawn..Here he has millions but he has to go out smoke weed at the side of a lot and gets busted because he was out and about doing absolutley nothing..lol....If I had even a couple hundred grand house and I smoke Im doing it at home with my friends and inviting the tail there..These guys are not the smartest thats for sure..I find it hard to believe they can even comprehend a playbook...

Wait, don't think that I agree with Burress getting 3-1/2 years for what he did. At best, I'd give him what Stallworth got, i.e. 30 days (while Stallworth should have gotten at least 3-1/2 years). But that's the bias in the laws. Gun crime is considered "black" crime while DUI is considered "white" crime (regardless of who commits it). It's not dissimilar to how the punishment for crack is worse than powder cocaine.

And to analogize one to the other, what happened to Lynch WRT the gun is like him getting caught DUI. Potentially harmful but wasn't (and in reality DUI is a lot more potentially harmful than having a gun, even if it's loaded, locked in a box in the trunk of your car). Burress' case was like DUI where he crashed into a pole and injured himself. Both would be misdemeanors. But since they involved guns, they're felonies (at least in Lynch's case, the DA had the good sense to knock it down to one misdemeanor, which makes it legally like a DUI).

I think Goodell got it right with Stallworth. I think the Marshall and Vick cases, when compared to Lynch's, are inexcusable.