John Clayton on Bills

It's amazing the number of people who think any coach can win without talent. The Bills haven't had any since they hired Jauron. You should be praising him for winning 7 games with the sorry teams he has had to work with in Buffalo. I love the Bills as much as anyone, but for f**k's sake, can we stop pretending they have ever been remotely close to good during DJ's tenure here?

I've never said I think any coach can win without talent. What I was simply saying is that so many people give Jauron so much credit, all based on his ONE winning season as a head coach. I'm sorry, but that's not enough to justify calling someone a good head coach. And I can think of several situations where Jauron has coached not to lose, instead of coaching to win. I want the Bills to win just as much as anyone else on here, but dammit I call a spade a spade, and Jauron has yet to prove to me that he is our answer at coach.

just my humble opinion...

I've never said I think any coach can win without talent. What I was simply saying is that so many people give Jauron so much credit, all based on his ONE winning season as a head coach. I'm sorry, but that's not enough to justify calling someone a good head coach. And I can think of several situations where Jauron has coached not to lose, instead of coaching to win. I want the Bills to win just as much as anyone else on here, but dammit I call a spade a spade, and Jauron has yet to prove to me that he is our answer at coach.

just my humble opinion...

Well, if that was accurate, you might have a point. But in truth, what has gotten Jauron this far is the fact that EVERYONE in the NFL you speak to believes he is a very good coach, and an even better person. Can he improve? Of course. In his head coaching career has he had a team of top talent to coach? I don't think so.

The one person in this world who believes winning is necessary for Jauron to keep his job after this season is Dick Jauron.

Well, if that was accurate, you might have a point. But in truth, what has gotten Jauron this far is the fact that EVERYONE in the NFL you speak to believes he is a very good coach, and an even better person. Can he improve? Of course. In his head coaching career has he had a team of top talent to coach? I don't think so.

The one person in this world who believes winning is necessary for Jauron to keep his job after this season is Dick Jauron.

Good person, from what I see, and definitely from I hear, sure. No arguments there. Maybe the fact he's such a nice person is one of the main reasons he gets so many accolades as a head coach. And oh, I can't forget, players love playing for him. :huh:

Maybe I'm just so starved for victory and success that I'm being too hard on him. I know all I am is a fan, but three 7-9's in a row is still a tough pill to swallow, and the head coach is going to bear alot of the responsibilty.....

But the season is yet to start, and I am as optimistic as ever!