With Butler's back inury

scribo

Why do so many people seem to think that Walker belongs at RT? Is it because he is too slow to play LT? Walker looked like a strong pass blocker last year (for a RT) but his run blocking was not great. You could see that by how little confidence the Bills had in running to the right last year and Kugler confirmed it in an interview recently: "... I think he's suited for left," Kugler said. "He is a talented pass protector. He knows he has to improve on some things in the run game ...." (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/676853.html)

A good pass blocker and mediocre run blocker doesn't sound like a RT to me. He's one of the Bills best 5 lineman so he will play somewhere for now, but I'd say that he needs to try and make the transition to LT if he want's to stick around here long term.

Butler still has a lot to prove, but I'm kind of excited about him and Wood on the right side as a run blocking tandem.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Butler's injury for a moment. Isn't it possible, even likely, that this is pretty much nothing, as an injury? Offensive linemen play with pain all the time. I'm guessing that, if this was during the season, Butler would be playing and not sitting. Why risk further injury during training camp? Take a day or two, check it out and see what the backups can do in the meantime.