Police and a Suspected DUI in Idaho

Video Here

Field sobriety test in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Who can do that sober? ;)

The officer hauled her away... Listen to the what the other officer had to say (news cast video).

The young woman was never charged with DUI... She was considered sober (.02) upon further investigation at the police station.

She was charged with inattentive driving, NON-ALCOHOL related.

Now she is suing because of what is seen and heard on the video. Again, hear what the other officer says just before the end of the dash cam video (news cast video).

Thoughts?

She had that foot up for a long time. WAY better balance than me when I am 100% sober; would have lasted about 3-4 seconds before stumbling.

I hear you! There was a male companion in the car that WAS drinking... You didn't hear a peep out of him... ;):thumbsup:

The best thing that the accused (and her companion) did was stay composed (as best she could) and not get disorderly. :thumbsup:

I think its fairly disturbing. I honestly don't know whether or not he broke SOPs. It seems to be a bit much. What do you do if you need to search a female (no underwear as well)? Was a female police officer available? Is it practical to have one available at all times?

I'd be furious if that was a significant other. He can thank his buddies stupid comment for making his case that much tougher.

The cop was probably doing it hoping that she was phucked up drunk, then the woman would have nothing to base it on. The problem was that she was SOBER. FOUR times under the legal limit and still supposedly failed the field test. She had one glass (half glass) of wine if I recall them saying.

What does that say for the field test guaranteed to fail test?

Video Here

Field sobriety test in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Who can do that sober? ;)

The officer hauled her away... Listen to the what the other officer had to say (news cast video).

The young woman was never charged with DUI... She was considered sober (.02) upon further investigation at the police station.

She was charged with inattentive driving, NON-ALCOHOL related.

Now she is suing because of what is seen and heard on the video. Again, hear what the other officer says just before the end of the dash cam video (news cast video).

Thoughts?

The Cop was definitely a creep. The way she stood on one leg and counted endlessly showed she was very sober.

Like she was hiding a knife..LOL.

I think its fairly disturbing. I honestly don't know whether or not he broke SOPs. It seems to be a bit much. What do you do if you need to search a female (no underwear as well)? Was a female police officer available? Is it practical to have one available at all times?

I'd be furious if that was a significant other. He can thank his buddies stupid comment for making his case that much tougher.

You can see that she was uncomfortable and the officer replied (sorta miffed but composed):

Something along the lines of:

"Don't make me call another officer."

What was that supposed to mean?

The male officer that made the finger comment? A female from the station?

??

They should put cameras everywhere... They already go them on the road... Track every inch an officer makes. Call it customer service orientated. ;):thumbsup:

I hear you! There was a male companion in the car that WAS drinking... You didn't hear a peep out of him... ;):thumbsup:

The best thing that the accused (and her companion) did was stay composed (as best she could) and not get disorderly. :thumbsup:

Drinking in the car? Otherwise, I can't see why he arrested her. I'm assuming there might be some previous FST stuff we did not see, as he said she failed the FST. She most certainly did NOT fail the one test we saw. If that's failing, the test is meaningless.

I thought it was going to be some trivial remark, but I have to agree with Pile, this seems a little creepy to me. As soon as it was clear she was that uncomfortable with being groped by the officer, he should have called a female officer (if one was available).

Drinking in the car? Otherwise, I can't see why he arrested her. I'm assuming there might be some previous FST stuff we did not see, as he said she failed the FST. She most certainly did NOT fail the one test we saw. If that's failing, the test is meaningless.

I thought it was going to be some trivial remark, but I have to agree with Pile, this seems a little creepy to me. As soon as it was clear she was that uncomfortable with being groped by the officer, he should have called a female officer (if one was available).

I meant HAD BEEN DRINKING. Sorry.

I meant HAD BEEN DRINKING. Sorry.

Then I really can't understand why she was arrested, unless her driving was really dangerous, or she failed a FST that we did not see.

Then I really can't understand why she was arrested, unless her driving was really dangerous, or she failed a FST that we did not see.

"Inattentive driving non-alcohol" related was the final charge.

You know, the charge people were posting about and wanted in the PPP thread about texting while driving. This is where it leads to my friends. ;)

It was after the original video and embbeded in the news (krem2) cast video...

"Getting his finger dirty."

Thanks.

She has a pretty schlubby lawyer, no?

"Inattentive driving non-alcohol" related was the final charge.

You know, the charge people were posting about and wanted in the PPP thread about texting while driving. This is where it leads to my friends. ;)

Shouldn't that be a traffic ticket, instead of an arrest?

Shouldn't that be a traffic ticket, instead of an arrest?

Have you been hitting the sauce? :thumbsup: She "failed" that test that all of us would have failed stone sober for a week. Even in the video she admits to being something (I forget), the creepy cop then says: "You are probably good at this (test) then." Maybe that lead to his choice to "fail" her.

??

On another note... This is why one can't protect the law enforcement establishment at all cost (thanks even further to their unions and chucklehead Americans that go along with that mentality).

Cops and the law enforcement establishment should be treated just like every other working American. Power and protection goes to people's heads.

How does that cop justify having his finger on (who knows if it was even "on" ;) ) her vagina? You can even hear the woman say on tape where he just touched her.

What would people do if this was their daughter? Or even worse was the daughter of one of the officers on the force or neighboring force, presumably the one that made the skirt/dirty finger comment... Would they have done this or given prefernetial treatment to their people?

The sad thing about this is that the two people being pulled over did everyhting right. Played by the rules, didn't drive drunk. The passenger was the one that did the drinking. The driver was sober (.02)... Wasn't disorderly. Didn't get all wild when the officer groped her. Go figure.

This is why people have a hard time with cops and authority. Some of the slick cops out there probably pull this crap off rountinely.

/rant

Have you been hitting the sauce? :thumbsup: She "failed" that test that all of us would have failed stone sober for a week. Even in the video she admits to being something (I forget), the creepy cop then says: "You are probably good at this (test) then." Maybe that lead to his choice to "fail" her.

??

On another note... This is why one can't protect the law enforcement establishment at all cost (thanks even further to their unions and chucklehead Americans that go along with that mentality).

Cops and the law enforcement establishment should be treated just like every other working American. Power and protection goes to people's heads.

How does that cop justify having his finger on (who knows if it was even "on" ;) ) her vagina? You can even hear the woman say on tape where he just touched her.

What would people do if this was their daughter? Or even worse was the daughter of one of the officers on the force or neighboring force, presumably the one that made the skirt/dirty finger comment... Would they have done this or given prefernetial treatment to their people?

The sad thing about this is that the two people being pulled over did everyhting right. Played by the rules, didn't drive drunk. The passenger was the one that did the drinking. The driver was sober (.02)... Wasn't disorderly. Didn't get all wild when the officer groped her. Go figure.

This is why people have a hard time with cops and authority. Some of the slick cops out there probably pull this crap off rountinely.

/rant

I was actually stone cold sober when I wrote that.

I think we mostly agree, of course. That girl may have "failed" the FST, but not the test we saw. If he failed her on that part, there must be no standard for what passing or failing means. HE'S the one who told her to put her leg down. She was respectful and did everything she was asked to do. He had to know she wasn't intoxicated, so why arrest her for a DUI? (I know she didn't get charged with that, but that is what he arrested her for.)

The only place I disagree slightly with you, is the bolded sentence. (I'm guessing we really agree here, too.) The police should be treated with a little more respect than a regular working person. That is, I wouldn't bother to comply with requests like a FST from a random person. But with the additional power we give an officer comes increased responsibility. I think the behavior of a police officer in the line of duty should be held to a much higher standard than the average working guy.