AFL Games on NFL Network?

Snopple

The NFL Network airs a lot of what they call "Classic Games". Although most of them are were played less than 10 years ago.

With this being the 50th anniversary of the founding of the AFL, does the NFL Network plan on airing any of the old AFL games?

The "Heidi Bowl" and the Bills-Chargers championship games from '64 and '65 are a few the come to mind.

there's a good chance the full game tapes of those games didn't survive the 1970s, let alone into the 21st century. But it would be cool.

That's probably the reason...tapes of these games may not even exist.

I believe the first two Super Bowls were not kept by the networks and the only tape of these games is the one shot by NFL Films.

The NFL Network airs a lot of what they call "Classic Games". Although most of them are were played less than 10 years ago.

With this being the 50th anniversary of the founding of the AFL, does the NFL Network plan on airing any of the old AFL games?

The "Heidi Bowl" and the Bills-Chargers championship games from '64 and '65 are a few the come to mind.

I have bought the greatest games series on DVD for many teams, Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, Broncos, Bears and they have been very good.

Some games, however, are poor quality. Superbowl 6 with Dallas and Miami Dolphins is a poorer quality game, for example. At the start of the game, they have a disclaimer stating that some plays (time) is missing from the game but that every effort has been made to get the most of the game.

They seem to go with their local stations sometimes. Some of the Bears games were like that. I think the Dallas-Chicago game from 85 was a Forth Worth station, feed or tape. So what I'm saying is they probably have to find it. If the network doesn't have it.

I'm thinking that what you want is available. They put Superbowl 3 on the NFL network and the quality was great. So I'm thinking 64 and 65 wouldn't be bad quality.