In NE they said game may be over at halftime

Ray

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you're crying that there arent enough people in the WNY area that you cant sellout your home games, perhaps the Bills should be the ones to relocate to Los Angeles. Plenty of people in that area.

And how are you measuring the 5.7 million of the "Greater Boston Metro Area" What exactly is that area?

So if you're crying that there arent enough people in the WNY area that you cant sellout your home games, perhaps the Bills should be the ones to relocate to Los Angeles.  Plenty of people in that area.

And how are you measuring the 5.7 million of the "Greater Boston Metro Area"  What exactly is that area?

112038[/snapback]

I'm not crying about anything. Last home game I missed - regular or preseason - was 1997. So what if I have to wait a day or two before I get my game tape?

And on a foul day with 40mph wind gusts and sideways rain, a matchup featuring two teams with a combined record of 3-9 still drew a crowd of 65,887. Compare that to the sub-60,000 crowds for Bills-Pats games in Foxborough between 1996-1999. Even Doug Flutie's return to Boston couldn't get more than 58,304 people through the turnstiles in 1998.....

As for the population data - this link should do:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Greater-Boston

owned???  oh, okay yes, i guess i am owned because she/it/whatever throws out #'s that i don't have the time or energy to check at work....

and even if they are correct, what's the point????

112054[/snapback]

Yeah, those dinner shifts suck, don't they?

I'm not crying about anything. Last home game I missed - regular or preseason - was 1997. So what if I have to wait a day or two before I get my game tape?

And on a foul day with 40mph wind gusts and sideways rain, a matchup featuring two teams with a combined record of 3-9 still drew a crowd of 65,887. Compare that to the sub-60,000 crowds for Bills-Pats games in Foxborough between 1996-1999. Even Doug Flutie's return to Boston couldn't get more than 58,304 people through the turnstiles in 1998.....

As for the population data - this link should do:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Greater-Boston

112051[/snapback]

The maximum capacity of the old Foxboro Stadium was 60,000 on the nose. 58,304 is considered a sellout in terms of blackout rules.

And again, if your population is so measly, perhaps a Bills move to LA would be best for all. If you disagree then stop bringing it up.

The maximum capacity of the old Foxboro Stadium was 60,000 on the nose.    58,304 is considered a sellout in terms of blackout rules.

1. That's not what the 2001 NFL Record and Fact Book says.

2. Up this way, our capacity is 73,967. Nothing short of that is "considered a sellout in terms of blackout rules". Sorry y'all felt the need to make contingency plans.

And again, if your population is so measly, perhaps a Bills move to LA would be best for all.  If you disagree then stop bringing it up.

112067[/snapback]

In case you didn't notice, I didn't bring it up. The doofus making the rest of you Pats fans look bad did.

1. That's not what the 2001 NFL Record and Fact Book says.

2. Up this way, our capacity is 73,967. Nothing short of that is "considered a sellout in terms of blackout rules". Sorry y'all felt the need to make contingency plans.

In case you didn't notice, I didn't bring it up. The doofus making the rest of you Pats fans look bad did.

112080[/snapback]

So let me get this straight, You're all complaining about the refs BEFORE the game even starts and you're making Pats fans look bad?

Oh and the old Foxboro Stadium's seating is 60,292. My mistake.

Ballpark stats

Lori's point is even though Buffalo is half the size of Boston (not even including Prov where NE draws half their fans from), the Bills draw more fans consistently than the Pats WITHOUT the Superbowl rings.

So Brady, stop trying to say "we have a 50,000 person waiting list, thus we have more/better fans". The facts don't back that up.

Besides, who cares about attendence numbers. The only numbers either side should care about here are the ones on the scoreboard come Sunday night.

Lori's point is even though Buffalo is half the size of Boston (not even including Prov where NE draws half their fans from), the Bills draw more fans consistently than the Pats WITHOUT the Superbowl rings.

So Brady, stop trying to say "we have a 50,000 person waiting list, thus we have more/better fans". The facts don't back that up.

Besides, who cares about attendence numbers. The only numbers either side should care about here are the ones on the scoreboard come Sunday night.

112208[/snapback]

You still havent explained the local blackouts. Why isnt Ralph Wilson Stadium selling out? You cant tell me there arent enough rabid Bills fans to fill it up.

Pats were 5-11 in 2000 and yet every game SOLD OUT. We havent had a blackout since 1992 at the earliest, maybe even earlier.