SIGN VICK RALPH

There's a difference between what they did and the sociopathic crimes that Vick pulled. How much jail time did those guys serve?

Donte Stallworth this spring KILLED somebody in with his car and is doing less than 30 days in jail.

Vick gets 2 years for killing dogs. I agree that was some twisted shyt he did but he paid his debt.

Most felons dont get a second chance, they are fugged for life.

At least Vick has a chance to earn a good living, and if the Bills signed him all Im saying is let see what he can do on the field.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Donte Stallworth this spring KILLED somebody in with his car and is doing less than 30 days in jail.

Vick gets 2 years for killing dogs. I agree that was some twisted shyt he did but he paid his debt.

At least Vick has a chance to earn a good living, and if the Bills signed him all Im saying is let see what he can do on the field.

Intent.

Guest dog14787

Aside from everything else the Buffalo Bills are loaded with talent at the RB position so from a needs perspective, Buffalo has to be fairly low on the list of teams with a potential interest, because we really don't need Michael Vick here in Buffalo.

For those of you so adamant about bringing him in, do you not realize the public backlash that would occur in this area? This team needs to do it's best to avoid pissing off the small fan base that we currently have, and by bringing in Vick, the Bills are saying screw fan concerns about bringing in an animal abuser, we are all about winning. By doing that, you have now alienated a big chunk of fans who support this team. No joke, if this team signs Vick, I will cancel my season tickets the same day. And I am willing to bet I am not the only one who would.

I think he's suggesting that the two are not mutually exclusive, and that winning doesn't have to come at that cost. There are times when it makes sense to sign a player with a troubled past. I don't think this is one of them.

Let me ask you a question. Are you seriously suggesting that signing Vick will make us successful? 'Cause he wasn't that good to begin with, and I don't see him adding even one win to this team after two years in prison. Not worth the trouble.

I'm not suggesting that he will certainly make us successful but I am suggesting that he will be an improvement over our 3rd string QB, over our 2nd string QB and possibly over our 1st string QB.

He was never the proto type QB but he was a "difference maker" a "game changer". With him under any center automatically calls for certain level of attention on the football field. Much like T.O. requires a certain level of attention b/c NOT of his mouth or locker room issues BUT b/c his talent on the field.

Now I completely agree that the two does not have to be mutually exclusive - but what I do have a hard time understanding is what do you mean "at that cost" What exactly are we giving up by signing him? It's the same philosphy that the FO had when they signed T.O. he's a talent and what's the risk in taking that chance?

I agree that what he did was wrong - I also feel that he's served his time for that wrong. At what point do we say ok let's move on?

Would it hurt to sign him to a one year deal and have him compete with our mediocre backups and give Trent some competition in training camp? As stated before ad nauseum, we could even instill a few Wildcat formations where Vick lines up in the backfield or takes a direct snap, much like how Miami plans on incorporating Pat White into their offense. Say what you want about Vick's abilities as a pure pocket passer, but the guy was one of the best overall athletes and homerun threats in NFL history. He ran for 1,000 yards and passed for 2,500 in the same season, for Christ's sake. Maybe Bobby April could find a way to utilize his gamebreaking ability on our top-ranked special teams unit.

Who knows? Could it really hurt to try?

Thank you, my point exactly!

Not No, but HELL NO! Anyone supporting this idea...get psychiatric help. I'd sooner throw that piece of crap over the Falls...biggest scumbag since Rae Carruth bar none.

He's a convicted felon....some people would sign Adolf Hitler if you thought he was any good..get serious help. What's next? You gonna start slaughtering family pets so Vick doesn't have chance to anymore?

HE WILL NEVER BE A BUFFALO BILL...GUARANTEED

Oh Phlster. Only a matter of time before you had to chime in with yur whackadoo, Vick is equal to people who kill other people noise. Charles Manson... Hitler??? Really? Get a grip. What's so humorous is that you are the psychopath who needs help. You said in a previous thread you would legitimately kill someone who hurt your dog. Anyone rational would say what Vick did is dsturbing, but someone who has lost touch, like you, calls for over the top treatment of Vick, to the point you compare what he did to what Hitler did.

If the point of our system is to rehabilitate, let's see if it's done the job?

For those of you so adamant about bringing him in, do you not realize the public backlash that would occur in this area? This team needs to do it's best to avoid pissing off the small fan base that we currently have, and by bringing in Vick, the Bills are saying screw fan concerns about bringing in an animal abuser, we are all about winning. By doing that, you have now alienated a big chunk of fans who support this team. No joke, if this team signs Vick, I will cancel my season tickets the same day. And I am willing to bet I am not the only one who would.

Well that is your choice

But I bet there would be people who would buy seasons tickets as well. I still believe that Vick would say and do all the right things because he would know that whoever gave him a chance it would be his last.

He was the one most popular players in the league before this all came out.

I would buy season tickets if the Bills sign Vick but to each his own.

Guest dog14787

and that's exactly why I don't want Michael Vick in Buffalo, our fans have been through enough over the last decade and to still fill the seats like you guys do, If I was the owner it tells me I better listen to what my season ticket holders are saying.

I'm O.K. with Michael Vick having another chance in the NFL, but how about Jacksonville (has been mentioned) or the Raiders.

Not here in Buffalo

What I'm saying is that I have set moral standards and values that I try to live by. I expect the players that I cheer for to have similar values. They don't have to be choirboys, but I don't expect them to casually kill unwitting animals for their own sick entertainment. Vick obviously didn't need the money, so his personal enjoyment of the slaughter must have been his primary motive.

Being disappointed with the end result of the Bills seasons doesn't mean I will accept winning at any cost. Character is an important part of being a professional athlete and role model to kids. I want a superbowl win for the Bills, but not at any cost. Not if it means having players of the Michael Vick variety.

I guarantee no team with genuine playoff hopes for 2009 will sign him. He'd be huge distraction and would impede the progress of training camp.

I applaud you having high standards to live by but are you cheering for the team or the player? As other posts have mentioned Kelly, Bruce and Thurman have all had some character issues during there superbowl years. Where you cheering then?? Speaking of moral standards and values that you expect for players to meet have you ever heard about Kelly having extramarital affairs when playing for the bills? Did you still cheer for him?

My point is wrong is wrong and we all have done and will do wrong. I just don't believe it's fair for people to be so judgemental b/c someone was caught doing wrong they become the villan but the one that wasn't caught becomes the hero?

It's a game people - Not life!

"let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

i find it funny how every one is like "OMG what Vick did was inhuman" blah blah blah

and at the same time their chowing down on chicken wings and cheese burgers.

Joke, humans are a joke!!

the sh-- they do to baby cows and older cows, chickens etc is inhuman but its accepted but what vick did is INHUMAN WTF O_o

both are horrible IMO. but neither is inhuman.

I'm really having a hard time believing so many people are opposed to bringing this guy into TC and having him compete against our mediocre stable of QBs. Worst case scenario: he sucks. So cut him, problem solved. I can't fathom him being worse than !@#$ing Gibran Hamdan or Ryan Fitzpatrick (Kelly Holcomb 2.0), even two years removed from playing a down in the NFL.

Would it give us even more exposure? Obviously yes. Could that be a distraction? It could be. You could also view it as taking pressure off of some of the other guys (Trent, offensive line, defensive line) as some people have viewed T.O. dominating the limelight. Vick is a very polarizing player, even moreso than Owens, and opinions are going to be split down the line no matter how much one side tries to argue their point. I'm just saying that, in my opinion, it would be a good move to at least give this freakish athlete the opportunity to come in and compete for a spot on our QB depth chart, which is less than stellar to say the least.

AGREED!

It's spelled "Aye", not I.

Thank you! I can't believe I had to get to post #17 in this thread before someone noticed that. Nothing indicates the decline of reading in this culture more decisively than the misuse of homophones.

Then again, that misuse reflects the depth of thought behind the suggestion to sign Michael Vick,,,,

I have to agree. What Vick did was disgusting and he should have been punished. But, when you look at the time he did, the money he lost and the chunk of his career he lost compared to what Stallworth got and the fact that you don't hear half of the country crying to suspend him from the league for good, is a f-ing joke. He killed a human being driving drunk, did about 3 weeks in jail, but all you still hear is Vick this and Vick that. What a country!

The Bills won't sign him...count on it...go support that piece of sh-- on the fan board of whatever team is morally bankrupt enough to sign hardened criminals

Intent.

some people are stupid and twisted enough to think that people that get into accidents are worse people than those who intentionally commit vicious crimes

It over and done with but you still want to drag it threw the mud??

Seriously would a tryout hurt?

would a shovel upside the head hurt? Cause that's what this scumbag did to people's pets..he's a coward and a loser

I have to agree. What Vick did was disgusting and he should have been punished. But, when you look at the time he did, the money he lost and the chunk of his career he lost compared to what Stallworth got and the fact that you don't hear half of the country crying to suspend him from the league for good, is a f-ing joke. He killed a human being driving drunk, did about 3 weeks in jail, but all you still hear is Vick this and Vick that. What a country!

It's called intent

Stallworth got into an accident that took someone's life (someone who was jaywalking and would've been hit whether the driver was drunk or completely sober)

Vick ran a criminal organization that committed vicious crimes for 6 years...ON PURPOSE!!

Have someone read that to you...because the decent human beings have been trying to explain that to the Vick-suckers and you can't seem to get it

Some people make me sick

You would think the court system would make Stallworth an example of what would happen to you if you killed somebody while driving drunk.

The court system is a joke .

You are innocent until proven guilty...

Unless you are gulity and have lots of money to hire a good lawyer to make you innocent or get off with a slap on the wrist.