Alex Mack Signs

Outstanding observation!! :wallbash:

What a lucky signing as far as this year at this time for the Buffalo Bills! Alex Mack is almost a clone of Eric Wood. He was chosen just 7 picks higher, and his contract is done. If we were fans of any other organization, we should expect Wood's deal to be done by tomorrow's first practice!!

But alas, we are fans of the Buffalo Bills and the inner circle-jerks running the show. My guess is that they will wait until the number 27 and number 29 players are signed before they agree to anything Wood's agent puts on the table. Of course, Wood's agent can also wait around as long as he might want to as well.

Time will tell, but Wood and Levitre should be in camp right now, with the once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to walk in and start in the NFL as rookies awaiting them. Too bad they are products of the worst rookie pay-scale system in the modern sports world. Please owners, demand a new rookie salary cap complete with a new system of it being impossible for rookies to hold out for your new collective bargaining agreement!! :wallbash:

Outstanding observation!! :wallbash:

What a lucky signing as far as this year at this time for the Buffalo Bills! Alex Mack is almost a clone of Eric Wood. He was chosen just 7 picks higher, and his contract is done. If we were fans of any other organization, we should expect Wood's deal to be done by tomorrow's first practice!!

But alas, we are fans of the Buffalo Bills and the inner circle-jerks running the show. My guess is that they will wait until the number 27 and number 29 players are signed before they agree to anything Wood's agent puts on the table. Of course, Wood's agent can also wait around as long as he might want to as well.

Time will tell, but Wood and Levitre should be in camp right now, with the once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to walk in and start in the NFL as rookies awaiting them. Too bad they are products of the worst rookie pay-scale system in the modern sports world. Please owners, demand a new rookie salary cap complete with a new system of it being impossible for rookies to hold out for your new collective bargaining agreement!! :wallbash:

I think it important for people to remember that. Watching the NFL.com video (I think?) about Maybin yesterday, that is exactly what they said. His agent likes to move slow and wait for the guys around his guy to be signed. Hence, they didn't think Maybin would be in camp very soon. So, regardless of what the Bills FO wants or does, if the agent wants to wait... they'll all wait.

And for the player, they'd be wise to sit quietly and take their agent's advice.

Last years 21st pick, Sam Baker signed a 5 year $13.5 million deal with $7.8 million guarenteed. According to PFT's information Mack's deal will be very close to a 5 year deal worth $14,512,000 with $8.75 million guarenteed.

Now if we project the same increases using last years #28 pick, Lawrence Jackson, as a benchmark, Eric Wood's contract will come in around:

Jackson (2008): 5 years $11.25 million, $6.1 million guarenteed

Wood (2009): 5 years $12.1 million, $6.85 million guarenteed.

BTW for anyone looking for a good reference to the contracts signed by last years rookie this is perfect:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

Yes, that's a very good indication barring our FO doesn't find a way to mess this one up too. And I totally agree with you, VJ91, they need to be in camp getting ready to start as rookies in the NFL. They have a huge opportunity here in Buffalo and its up to them to make the most of it.

Last years 21st pick, Sam Baker signed a 5 year $13.5 million deal with $7.8 million guarenteed. According to PFT's information Mack's deal will be very close to a 5 year deal worth $14,512,000 with $8.75 million guarenteed.

Now if we project the same increases using last years #28 pick, Lawrence Jackson, as a benchmark, Eric Wood's contract will come in around:

Jackson (2008): 5 years $11.25 million, $6.1 million guarenteed

Wood (2009): 5 years $12.1 million, $6.85 million guarenteed.

BTW for anyone looking for a good reference to the contracts signed by last years rookie this is perfect:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

Nice factual post. I have had this page bookmarked and in my NFL folder. It's a bit disappointing though that it only has first rounders. About one month ago I saw the contract that the Dolphins gave Cameron Wake (former CFL pass rush star) and was looking at what a comparable rookie contract would be...to determine how nice a contract Wake signed.

As far as I can figure, Cameron Wake got a contract comparable to a mid 2nd rounder. But I haven't been able to accurately corroborate this because I can only find first round contracts.