October 20 = trading deadline

The Bills are suddenly pretty deep at RB and receiver.

The Bills could benefit from some help at DE, LT, and OLB.

I think Thug Mode or Roscoe Parrish might be interesting bait.

Thug Mode is good, but how long until he get's his chain pulled by The League? He's risky business, and Fred Jackson and Dominic Rhodes are solid.

The Bills cannot figure out how to use Parrish in the passing game. A team with a decent coaching staff might turn him into a threat.

Are there any likely trade partners out there?

calendar

• 2 weeks later...
The Bills are suddenly pretty deep at RB and receiver....The Bills could benefit from some help at DE, LT, and OLB...Are there any likely trade partners out there?

calendar

Trade partners? :thumbsup:

Let's review here shall we? Free agency started at the beginning of March, and the Bills didn't sign a single DE, LT or OLB. That was when the very best of the best were out there waiting to take offers, and the Bills would not have had to trade away anyone to get them. Then, they drafted a DT with their first pick, and ignored LT & OLB. It is the very eve of training camp, all the OTA's have come and gone with depth charts finalized to begin camp with, and you think Russ Brandon is going to make a trade with another team now? :rolleyes:

Hey maybe he will. He might trade away Parish for a 6th round pick in next year's draft to save his salary. But Russ Brandon does not make trades for other football players this late into the season. He traded for Stroud early in March last year. That is when you move and sign players. To try and make a trade now this far into the whole process, would cost Brandon way too much money to help the team. Why? Because any decent DE, LT or OLB another team woud even consider trading now, would be because they would want to dump his overpaid salary, just like Brandon seems bent on dumping Parishes overpaid salary. And good luck with that, since a 165 pound WR is not about to reap a starting caliber DE, LT or OLB straight up in any trade anyway!!

There aren't usually too many trades that happen midseason in the NFL. It's not like the MLB or NBA where you can basically just keep doing the same things. In the NFL you have to learn whole new systems. I think it's likely that the Bills will stand pat with what they have this year.

well if chris ellis comes around, makes the team and is a good player, then it would be a good time b4 trading deadline to move chris kelsasy to a team that has suffered injuries at the postion. i wouldn't take less than a 4th tho. 4th and 7th seem like a good deal.

Hard to tell who your trade partners could be in October when camps have not started.

I know, but sheet happens. For instance, here's a scenario:

The Giants DE Mathias Kiwanuka might be available since Osi Umenyiora is back. Kiwi is what the Bills need for their pass rush. Steve Smith and Dominik Hixon aren't much at WR. Too bad that they're all set at RB with Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw. Brandon is very injury prone, so maybe he goes down, and the Bills trade Parrish plus a RB for Kiwi?

T.O. is a ridiculous receiver however the bills organization sees him as a god, and believe that he will work magic no matter whos on the roster. however this is not the case and i just hope our O line can protect or else T.O. is gonna cause a mess in Buffalo.. he simply wont get the ball :lol: