Is Sunday's game "must-win?"

but a loss to the Pats makes us 2-3 in the division and 2-6 in the AFC. Assuming we manage to win all final 7 games, a 10-6 record with a 3-3 division record and 6-6 AFC record would disqualify us for virtually all wild-card tie-breaker situations, right? Historically, how many AFC teams with double-digit wins and a .500 or below AFC record went on to make one of the two wild-card slots?

I know, I know...the playoffs weren't going to happen for us this year anyway. But the reason why I ask this is because Losman should start as soon as he's healthy AND as soon as we're out of the playoff race. So basically, barring a miracle in Boston Sunday night, could we see JP as early as 2 weeks from now?

Didn't even read the post, just the headline, and the answer is YES. Must win.

We can lose AT THE MOST 1 (thats o-n-e) more game this year. That would leave us at 10-6. NE has the AFC East Locked up. Our only chance is wildcard.

We need to go 8-1. Period. And losing Sunday means 7-0 after that. Lets hold off on that loss as long as possible.

I hate the term "must win". This is a must "keep doing what their doing" game. In other words, run the ball down their throat, play stout D and cash in on special team plays. Then see what the final score is at the end of the day. I hope to God this team does not treat this game any different than the last two.

Every game the rest of the year is a "must win" if the team wants to make the playoffs. There are just too many teams looking down with good records to think otherwise.

That said, it's pretty important for the team not to look at the future and focus on the task at hand. We have the talent to beat ANY team in the NFL if we don't beat ourselves, contrary to what some people around here post.