New football movie coming soon.

What would you do if you were brutally assaulted by an important member of your favorite team at a night club?

Would you press charges and get that player suspended; thus ruining the teams season?

Or, would you just take it for the love of the team?

That's the question being asked in the Sundance hit "Big Fan" starring Patton Oswald. It's going to get a nationwide release August 28th. Check out the trailer below, it was written and directed by the writer of Academy Award Nominee "The Wrestler" if anyone has seen it.

Everybody knows "that guy." Maybe it's you?

http://www.bigfanmovie.com/

What would you do if you were brutally assaulted by an important member of your favorite team at a night club?

Would you press charges and get that player suspended; thus ruining the teams season?

Or, would you just take it for the love of the team?

That's the question being asked in the Sundance hit "Big Fan" starring Patton Oswald. It's going to get a nationwide release August 28th. Check out the trailer below, it was written and directed by the writer of Academy Award Nominee "The Wrestler" if anyone has seen it.

Everybody knows "that guy." Maybe it's you?

http://www.bigfanmovie.com/

This was posted before, but not many replies.. IMO, It really doesn't look too good. But if it were me, I would definitely press charges. Then most likely drop them after settling out of court for big bucks! The movie really doesn't look like it has any football action, so I wouldn't call it a football movie. I do think it's funny that Patton Oswald has pretty much the same job as he had on King of Queens though...

This was posted before, but not many replies.. IMO, It really doesn't look too good. But if it were me, I would definitely press charges. Then most likely drop them after settling out of court for big bucks! The movie really doesn't look like it has any football action, so I wouldn't call it a football movie. I do think it's funny that Patton Oswald has pretty much the same job as he had on King of Queens though...

Sorry didn't see that thread. Typing "Big Fan" in the forum search was no help either as it comes back with like 2000 posts.

Actually I think this looks really interesting. A dark look at our obsessed sports culture. Patton Oswald might actually be a good actor. He cares more about his team than his own well being or health. I didn't see The Wrestler, but this did get good reviews and awards. It can't be all bad.

What if you just sort of feel like you have been brutally assaulted by every single member of your favorite team's whole organization over and over again, over a period of many years? Any recourse there?

Continuity is important for continuities sake. You recourse is BOHICA.