Will our o-line be better in the long term thanks to the Peters trade?

You are completely wrong

Brandon drew a line in the sand - Peters would get no new deal in 2008 (before, during or after the season)- no matter what he did.

so stop with the nonsense that by showing up and playing nice he would have got a pay raise in 2008.

you say he got bad advice --

seems Peters made out like a bandit - he got the big contract he wanted and he now plays on a Super Bowl contender.

by holding out in 2008, he called the Bills bluff. they folded in 2009 and gave him away.

how is it HE got bad advice???

as a Bills fan, you may not like the outcome - but the agent works for Peters, not the fans

He got the result he wanted but he risked a lot by holding out and not getting the deal he wanted before ending his hold out. Like I said if he showed up and played well than the front office is the ones who are the bad guys and that pressure would have led to a new deal during the 2008 season. After all the Bills did give a deal to Evans during that same year. And he could have asked for more if he played well in 2008 instead of handing in that barely above average effort. It worked out for Peters despite his best efforts.

As far as 2009 went I was all for signing the guy but once he was traded (not necessarily for nothing but yeah not the best deal) the Bills were focused on getting the rest of the line in shape and building for the long term and having four guys who are young with potential turn into a unit overtime. Like I said not looking to harp on the Peters trade but I think once it was all said and done they built the line in a different fashion a philosophy that I think will pay off.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic