Anthony Hargrove

GR8PRKN

Just saw on NFL Network.... The Saints are picking Anthony Hargrove to be ther break out player. If he is that will just be another reason not to have your football team ran by a PR/Marketing guy! :rolleyes:

You know what - I liked Hargrove a lot. He seemed to give a damn on the field. But keeping him around would have been a bad idea. He seemed to know he screwed up and wanted to change and yet in spite of that he still found trouble. That's just a bad sign. He needs therapy and help before he signs with *anybody*. I concur with the observations of another post here that the Big Easy is just the worst place for him.

C

This cracks me up.

It should be very easy to handle that warrant before game time. A fine, and another promise for community service. Maybe an appearance the week he is there, and cut a local PSA commercial.

Lawyers are WAY better than you give them credit for.

Not necessarily, Deano - especially if one of the lawyers in a DA running for re-election of just trying to make a name for himself...

link

Now, if I were worried that he'd actually make a difference in the game, I'd hope some Bills fan would tip-off this DA, the Monroe County Sheriffs, and the NY State Police to meet Hargrove at the airport. :rolleyes:

Just saw on NFL Network.... The Saints are picking Anthony Hargrove to be ther break out player. If he is that will just be another reason not to have your football team ran by a PR/Marketing guy! :rolleyes:

The guy had 11 people in his head according to CB! He can go anywhere he wants - he wouldn't make our team now anyways. I loved the guy while he was here, but he's nothing more than your 3rd or 4th DE and a STer.

This cracks me up.

It should be very easy to handle that warrant before game time. A fine, and another promise for community service. Maybe an appearance the week he is there, and cut a local PSA commercial.

Lawyers are WAY better than you give them credit for.

Perhaps. But also give credit to district attorneys eager to get a notch in their belt prior to November elections. People with some public recognition are fish in the publicity barrel.

Blind justice vs. face time. Hmm...

Perhaps. But also give credit to district attorneys eager to get a notch in their belt prior to November elections. People with some public recognition are fish in the publicity barrel.

Blind justice vs. face time. Hmm...

But if Hargrove doesn't make the trip, and doesn't do any community service, how is that a win for the DA? I have to think money talks, in this situation.

But if Hargrove doesn't make the trip, and doesn't do any community service, how is that a win for the DA? I have to think money talks, in this situation.

That's what I originally postulated - he does not make the trip. If he shows up in a jurisdiction that has an outstanding warrant for him, he is fair game.

You've been around, Dean, same as me. Perhaps the DA isn't up for re-election. If he is, a Hargrove is steaming fresh piece of meat for stoking the I'm-tough-on-crime-nobody gets away with it in MY county political ba-de-ba.

When I lived in PGH, come election time, the county sheriff would make a big to-do about video poker machines in the bars, and cart them away with trumpets blaring and rose petals paving the way. And camera crews filming the triumph of justice, of course.

A couple of days after election day, they were back in the bars.

Enforcement of them was easy as could be, throughout the year. The law at the time was that they were allowed "for amusement only". Probably still is. And leagally could only take 1 coin at a time. Pretty easy to enforce - drop 50 cents in - if it took it, and let you play, haul it away.

Which they didn't - enforce it or take'em away. Nobody - at least in PGH back then, would bother pounding the quarters down unless there was a payoff possibility. Once you got to be known as some sort of regular, you got your cash winnings in several surreptitious ways.

One bar on Rt. 51 on the way towards PGH had a good method. If you were one of the lucky (few) winners, you learned to exclaim that with a certain degree of glee. The sharp-eyed bartender would note the "amusing" payout. When you sidled back up, the bartender would say "Didn't you want a quart to go?" You'd say yeah, and a quart of Olde Farty lager in a paper sack was there for you when you left. With the cash tucked in.

They never deducted for the take-out swill, since they were desirous of your repeat custom. :worthy:

EDIT: Sorry, folks. Stories of times passed... <_<

Edited by stuckincincy