Buffalo Wings and Rings (?)

stevewin

It is a new chain - sort of. There was a couple of stores in the Cincy area 10-15 years ago and then went black. Group bought the name from the original owner.

There is one near me in Columbus. It like a BW3 with less burgers and stuff. Wings tend to be larger in size than BW3, but the last time I was there they were literally swimming in sauce.

I remember that chain - there was 1 in Fairfield, OH, and I knew of 2 others more towards Cincy.

Very good wings - served with blue cheese and celery, and very decent mild-medium-hot sauce. More on the side if you liked.

They also served authentic curly-q fries (from the whole potatoe, skins and all). If you got them to go, they would put them in a double-thick paper sack, which would absorb the excess oil.

You are right about the belly-up dates here. The Fairfield one closed about 15 years ago. The other 2 I knew of, perhaps 10 years ago.

It is a new chain - sort of. There was a couple of stores in the Cincy area 10-15 years ago and then went black. Group bought the name from the original owner.

There is one near me in Columbus. It like a BW3 with less burgers and stuff. Wings tend to be larger in size than BW3, but the last time I was there they were literally swimming in sauce.

I live in Bexley and have a buddy who lives further out on the east side and have seen the one out there. It peaked my interest and I may have to give it a shot (Although I can still probably do better at the house!).

Hey man, where can I get wings this good in philly??

Actually, you can find good wings in Philly. I wish I could think of a few places to suggest, but it's been too long since I've lived there and I can't remember. If you're ever up in Warrington, there's a place called "Sal's" that has fantastic pizza, cheesesteaks, and wings. :nana:

One of these franchise restaurants is opening up down the road from me - wondering if anyone has been to one and what they thought...

"Rated #1 Chain Nationwide" screams the sign on the window - looked it up and that refers to the top ranking in a list of fastest-growing small chains by 'Restaurant Business' magazine last year. Looks like the company is based in Ohio (Cinci).

Not been to this place but finally went to a Buffalo Wild Wings last night (owned their stock for a while but had not eaten there). Nothing special - to me just another sports bar. Food was average - I did not have wings becasuse as wait staff walked by with some as my wife and I were waiting for a table they just did not look appetizing.