Michael Johnson very impressive

All said, there were more than a few other DE's the Bills could've taken. There were a lot of other needs, also. Byrd, if he turns into a stud safety, will have been worth it, too. I think the Bills were looking at Indy's and the Steelers, and the Raven's at that position, and seeing how important it is. So, if Byrd turns into that, none of us will complain. My opinion, though, is that the Giants, in the SB, provided a really good blueprint for dealing with the Patriots, when Brady is under helm. Seeing the Bills face them twice a year, why not try and get a few more guys that could get to him? There is a balance, I know - but there were potentially a few DE's, we could have gotten later in rounds - that could have turned into real steals - and, I think exceptionally so this year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never made this post to say we shouldn't have drafted Maybin. I was just curious as to why Johnson wouldn't have let teams know about the injury. To do as well as he did at the combine AND have a sports hernia is pretty impressive. I thought it could only have helped him. I could be wrong

OK, sorry I jumped on the thread. As far as Johnson, maybe he really didn't have a mysterious "sports hernia" at all. Maybe the kid was as inconsistent as everyone thought he was, and after getting drafted, he got off his butt and started working. Pro athletes, even immature rookies, have extremely large egos. Nothing they say surprises me anymore. And you are 100% right about one thing: if the kid had any kind of injury that would have impeded his workouts with millions of dollars on the line, there is no way he doesn't tell every team trainer about it. :thumbsup: This injury claim does make no sense at all.

I was under the same philosophy as another poster a while back that taking to DE's in this draft would have been an excellent idea

But I also know we had a lot of other needs.....in my way of thinking the pick of Byrd might end up being just as big a need for the defense in that while we need pass rush we also need turnovers.....

and Byrd knows how to get them