Bernie Kosar top 10 QBs

Hey Deano... glad to see you came out for this post. Good effort!

Anytime, Ye Ole. But please be careful about suggesting that I "came out", not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhmm...I am a big Flutie supporter. But I don't necessarily think that his main problem at QB was his size. I rate Flutie as a GREAT athlete and a very good QB....-but his faults really were in some of his judgements on the field and his inconsistent passing accuracy. Tarkenton --a great athlete of nearly the caliber of Flutie-- was the better QB because of passing accuracy and other intangibles. I doubt Tark was 5 10.-so he was maybe an inch and a half taller than Flutie.

The reason Flutie's accuracy was amiss is because the poor guy had to thread needles on close to half his passes. You give Flutie 3 inches and he probably turns into Favre. My main point with Flutie was that I trusted him to make the right decisions. If he just accepted himself for who he was instead of going around with a chip on his shoulder, he could have been a career starter in the NFL. His tragic flaw wasn't his height.....his tragic flaw was that he turned into a blowhard because of his height. I loved watching him play. I love Edwards as well because I feel he has the same mental set as Flutie but is built closer to the typical QB. Edwards' accuracy should be better...going back to your point. He isn't a runner, but he knows when to run.....and if we go to the spread this year, I predict Edwards will rush for many more yards than we all expect.

Tark wasn't a giant, but he was closer to average for his generation. Because they both are nimble makes the comparison relevant.

And Flutie never hosted a show with John Davidson.

I was going to post this but I never got around to it.

I always put Bernie Kosar in my top 10 all time QB list. Just something about the guy. He had Joe Montana like qualities. Very accurate, aware, smart as hell.

Yahoo sports ran a little thing about him losing all those big games in college pro. Really the guy should have led Cleveland to two Super Bowls. Denver and Elway got lucky two out of those three times.

In the wake of his bankruptcy, his name is in the news and I didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle.

I have him at number 9, right behind Shane Falco and Uncle Rico.

The reason Flutie's accuracy was amiss is because the poor guy had to thread needles on close to half his passes. You give Flutie 3 inches and he probably turns into Favre. My main point with Flutie was that I trusted him to make the right decisions. If he just accepted himself for who he was instead of going around with a chip on his shoulder, he could have been a career starter in the NFL. His tragic flaw wasn't his height.....his tragic flaw was that he turned into a blowhard because of his height. I loved watching him play. I love Edwards as well because I feel he has the same mental set as Flutie but is built closer to the typical QB. Edwards' accuracy should be better...going back to your point. He isn't a runner, but he knows when to run.....and if we go to the spread this year, I predict Edwards will rush for many more yards than we all expect.

Tark wasn't a giant, but he was closer to average for his generation. Because they both are nimble makes the comparison relevant.

And Flutie never hosted a show with John Davidson.

cant agree with you about the height issue....he was often inaccurate when no one wwas in front of him..YES---some smart D coordinators made life difficult for him. Tark wasnt a giant?? gee thanks for the info.Tark was maybe 5 9. Ive seen the guy in person. Im 6 1 and and waaaaaaaay taller than the guy--im being nice when i say 5 9.He really is short. But he of course was just a phenomenal athlete. Tark is listed in a few places as 6 ft...But he is 6 ft just like Mike Tyson is 6 ft...

Well---how many QBs are NOT blowhards??? Kelly,Elway,Marino....their pictures are nexct to the word blowhard in the dictionary.

I like Edwards...-and never questioned his accuracy .I just question his mental toughness/killer instinct when it comes to finishing off drives. I love his mental toughness in the pocket...and his arm is sufficient.