Bigger sack of dung

The Judge in the case stated that Stallworth had never committed a serious crime before. The man was not in a crosswalk when he was struck. And Stallworth co operated 100% with the authorties.

The second part about why he got off so lightly is that he settled a civil suit with the family already. Terms were not disclosed to my knowledge, but the family told the judge they did not want to prosecute much further.

So yes haveing money did help him out. But if the victims family is ok with it then you should be too.

YES

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it either, but listening to ESPN radio yesterday, the fact that Stallworth didn't run and took responsibility for his FU'd actions, made a big difference. That is something that is about as rare as winning the lottery when you talk about millionaire atheletes. Remember, Marshawn Lynch about a year ago? Sure she didnt get killed, but she could very well have been killed, and he ran and hid like a F*cking retard, and parked in his front yard with pieces of the vehicle still on the road. I agree, he should have gotten more time, mainly becuase he was drunk. If he was sober, he probably wouldn't have gotten any punishment, and if the guy wasn't in a crosswalk maybe he shouldn't have. The judge may be looking at the punishment as being punishment for a first offense DUI.

I'm not saying they should lock him up for life. But 30 days seems unconscionable for a guy who has a history of alcohol abuse and who got behind the wheel drunk. Regardless of how much the family was paid-off or agrees with the outcome.

If he was sober, this wouldn't have been an issue. And at worst, he probably would have gotten a traffic ticket for "failing to avoid hitting a pedestrian" like Lynch got (for accidentally and unknowingly hitting that woman).

I don't like it either, but listening to ESPN radio yesterday, the fact that Stallworth didn't run and took responsibility for his FU'd actions, made a big difference. That is something that is about as rare as winning the lottery when you talk about millionaire atheletes. Remember, Marshawn Lynch about a year ago? Sure she didnt get killed, but she could very well have been killed, and he ran and hid like a F*cking retard, and parked in his front yard with pieces of the vehicle still on the road. I agree, he should have gotten more time, mainly becuase he was drunk. If he was sober, he probably wouldn't have gotten any punishment, and if the guy wasn't in a crosswalk maybe he shouldn't have. The judge may be looking at the punishment as being punishment for a first offense DUI.
link? There was never any report that he was drunk

link? There was never any report that he was drunk

He's talking about Stallworth. And you are correct that there was never any report, or even evidence, that Lynch was drunk that night.

People keep saying Joe schmoe would get a much harsher punishment. I have yet to see anyone produce evidence of this fact. I would bet that probation,30 days, 2 yrs house arrest and 1000 hours community service would be a pretty good representation of a sentence given to someone who has never been in trouble with the law and cooperated with authorities fully for this crime.