Steve johnson

Yeah but he's a "thug." He was in the car with Lynch on Chippewa that night, and also wouldn't talk with the cops.

Tell me the truth. Are you really that uptight, or do you just pretend that you hate everyone who does not comply with your immaculate standards?

Tell me the truth. Are you really that uptight, or do you just pretend that you hate everyone who does not comply with your immaculate standards?

Haven't been paying attention much, have you murra?

With Owens and Evans on the outside, you almost have to put Josh Reed in the slot. But as I see it, the #4 WR position is wide open, so to speak. A big target with very good hands, such as Johnson, would make a good outlet receiver--a guy to whom Trent can turn if he's in trouble and things are breaking down. I'll grant that Johnson doesn't present the speed/danger element of a Parrish, but sometimes it's more important to move the chains than it is to threaten the other team with a fast smurf receiver with questionable hands.

Parrish is injury prone because he is a little guy. However, one of the reason he gets injured is that he had no fear of contact and I have been impressed with his willingness to sacrifice his body manning the slot from tome to time for the Bills. I think he has shown pretty good hands over his career. I think folks exaggerate any drops he has (truth is even the best drop some and just wait until we see a real case of the drioppsies when we see TO).

However, it is rational to tolerate the drops when the player is a weapon in other regards. TO is a proven weapon and I think Parrish has demonstrated in real life as a great PR guy that he is a threat.

I blame the Bills O coaches for not developing a solid O plan rather than Parrish who clearly has the speed and the moves. Add to that he has shown his tough attitude by playing the middle of the field, I think Parrish is my choice for #3 WR.

I'd have Johnson duel with Johnson for our 4th WR position and may the best man win and move when/if Parrish gets hurt.

With McKelvin and McGee we are way deep at the return game so I do mind risking Parrish to get hurt and I posh, pusj, push the receiving game with our no huddle and 3WRs as our base O.

Minor interruption: We got Steve Johnson for Kelly Holcomb...Sorry, idiot rookie posters may now continue starting 20 threads a day telling us how the Bills FO are complete idiots regarding everything, every day, all the time.

time to get over it?

idiot rookie posters, so your a professional idiot then?

I blame the Bills O coaches for not developing a solid O plan rather than Parrish who clearly has the speed and the moves. Add to that he has shown his tough attitude by playing the middle of the field, I think Parrish is my choice for #3 WR.

I thought so too...However, if you go back to the games that Josh Reed missed, Parrish was not that good in the slot. May be Edwards doesn't trust Parrish yet, but there was no improvement in production in the slot. When Reed came back, he had one of his best games against Denver catching 8-9 passes.

I thought so too...However, if you go back to the games that Josh Reed missed, Parrish was not that good in the slot. May be Edwards doesn't trust Parrish yet, but there was no improvement in production in the slot. When Reed came back, he had one of his best games against Denver catching 8-9 passes.

I think the neat thing for a Bills fan about this perspective is that it gives us three candidates: Josh Reed whom you like for the demonstrated productivity you site, Parrish for the demonstrated speed and productivity as a punt returner that I like, and Steve Johnson for the end of the season production he showed last year.

All three have reasons on paper why they well might be able to prove to have similar production over a full season: Reed is a vet with very good production as a rookie he did not build upon to become a consistent star in his second year, but maybe the vet has enough to produce IF (the big F) Schonert has a productive O scheme overall, Parrish is a proven producer as a return guy and has shown he is a gamer in the slot, BUT he has not demonstrated he can survive and produce over a full season as a starting WR YET. Johnson has shown some good chops as a youngster and his two TDs in limited PT as a youngster last year provides a chance with his good route running that he MAY become the real deal.

From my perspective, I see Evans as a definite speed threat who has been knocking on the Pro Bowl door the last couple of years and in a good O should be able to knock the door down.

I see TO as an idiot who has always worn out his welcome and his like all lucky folks getting older. However, he has demonstrated a certainly diminished from his prime but still easily worthy of the #2 slot even with a diminished level of production from his HOF level production a couple of years back. TOs MO is to be a solid citizen for a year and then to melt down, I look forward to having him for a good year and we will see then if he either shows age have not ravaged his play AND has finally taught this rich idiot something, or instead we say thanks and do not bid for him or tag him next year.

The Bills clearly strike me as being able to put two WRs out there who demand a double teams. If any D is already commiting of its 11 defenders to guard or at least seriously watch out for these two, that simply opens up huge possibilities for a third WR to play one on one against second tier talent IF

1. The Bills OL gets its act together well enough that it at least holds it own 5 pr 6 (if the TE is a good blocker or a receiveing threat themselves) on the 6 remaining defenders (the dts and single coverage on our #3 WR leaves 6 D players).

2. Lynch or whomever is playing RB is good enough to be a threat in a single back base offense.

3. Edwards has enough of an understanding of the opposing D and a quick and accurate release that gimmicks like the zone blitz or stunts do not send in a sacker unblocked.

If this is the basic situation, this fan feels pretty secure that either Parrish will survive, or Reed will return to the form he hinted at as a rookie, or Steve Johnson will live up to expectation.

This offense MIGHT be scary good based on the players assembled but under Fairchild and in Schoenert's first year as OC the coaches have not demonstrated an ability to use the players they have as well as they should be able to be used.

We will see.