Are the Bills Coaches Good Enough ?

To get the Bills in the Playoffs this coming season?

Special Teams Coach April is: He will have a S.T. Unit that is tops in the league like he did last year.

Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell had the 14th best defensive Unit over all in the league last year and with the

improvements on the D-line and secondary along with injured vets returning, I believe the Defensive team will be 10th to 12th best.

The Bills offense was 25th last year. Edwards had a rough year after his concusion. Evans got double and tripled covered when Reed went down. Royal and Hardy were busts last year. His offensive line was a bust with Peters, Dockery, Preston and Fowler stinking it up. Lynch and Jackson were a force by themselves.

Turk was calling plays the announcers on TV were calling before the plays even began. The offense was a mess.

The front office has made big changes improving the receiver corp. The offensive line has to be better than last years.

Our runners are back and we have a qb who should be coming into his prime. And we have T.O. He is a winner like it or not. He will add the spark needed to this offense. He will get our other leaders going and inspire them. This I am sure of.

My problem with this team is with the coaching. If they dont have a good showing by the bye I expect to see Coach April stepping in for the rest of the year as the head coach. The fans will not except the Bills if they go on a uninspired losing streak and I am sure T.O. will be heard from if that happens.

Having said that, I do not expect it to happen. Everyone knows there is too much on the line this season. A lot depends on how well this team competes. On paper this team is not all that bad. They just need to put it all together and that is the responsibility of the coaches.

There is good enough talent on both the Offense and Defense side of the ball. Edwards now has targets and a good running attack. Can they call the plays that will work?

The defense now has a improved pass rush with Maybin and Schobel along with a improved Kelsay. The middle of the defensive line has a improved McCargo to go with Stroud, Williams and Johnson. Looking good.

Even the secondary at CB and Safety positions looks better. Can Perry Fewell improve on the D ?

My question is, are the Coaches good enough to turn this club around and make them winners even in their own league?

The were 0 and 6 last year against Miami, New England and the New York Jets..... That stinks...... :thumbsup:

To get the Bills in the Playoffs this coming season?

Special Teams Coach April is: He will have a S.T. Unit that is tops in the league like he did last year.

Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell had the 14th best defensive Unit over all in the league last year and with the

improvements on the D-line and secondary along with injured vets returning, I believe the Defensive team will be 10th to 12th best.

The Bills offense was 25th last year. Edwards had a rough year after his concusion. Evans got double and tripled covered when Reed went down. Royal and Hardy were busts last year. His offensive line was a bust with Peters, Dockery, Preston and Fowler stinking it up. Lynch and Jackson were a force by themselves.

Turk was calling plays the announcers on TV were calling before the plays even began. The offense was a mess.

The front office has made big changes improving the receiver corp. The offensive line has to be better than last years.

Our runners are back and we have a qb who should be coming into his prime. And we have T.O. He is a winner like it or not. He will add the spark needed to this offense. He will get our other leaders going and inspire them. This I am sure of.

My problem with this team is with the coaching. If they dont have a good showing by the bye I expect to see Coach April stepping in for the rest of the year as the head coach. The fans will not except the Bills if they go on a uninspired losing streak and I am sure T.O. will be heard from if that happens.

Having said that, I do not expect it to happen. Everyone knows there is too much on the line this season. A lot depends on how well this team competes. On paper this team is not all that bad. They just need to put it all together and that is the responsibility of the coaches.

There is good enough talent on both the Offense and Defense side of the ball. Edwards now has targets and a good running attack. Can they call the plays that will work?

The defense now has a improved pass rush with Maybin and Schobel along with a improved Kelsay. The middle of the defensive line has a improved McCargo to go with Stroud, Williams and Johnson. Looking good.

Even the secondary at CB and Safety positions looks better. Can Perry Fewell improve on the D ?

My question is, are the Coaches good enough to turn this club around and make them winners even in their own league?

The were 0 and 6 last year against Miami, New England and the New York Jets..... That stinks...... :thumbsup:

Bills fans have alot of trouble admitting that some of the key players on their favorite team aren't that good. Jauron will be long gone before some of you give up on some of his players. Their are some here who still believe in JP. Meanwhile guys like Mularkey and Greggo have moved on to find success elsewhere. It's an ugly trend in the NFL and some of the more successful franchises have fought the urge to stroke an impatient fanbase. The Trent apologists are usually the ones who are out for Jaurons blood. Honestly, both of these guys should be fighting for their jobs.

It is kind of a stretch to assume that McCargo and Kelsay will improve this season. Can Trent do enough to win? Will the offensive line hold up? Will this team generate pressure on the Qb? Can the Bills avoid injuries to their thin positions? These questions should be just as much of a concern as the coaching staff, IMO.

Why is Bobby April always mentioned as a head coaching canidate? Does he have any head coaching experience? It seems like a massive jump from ST coach to head coach. I would think that the team has better options, when Jauron gets fired.

Bills fans have alot of trouble admitting that some of the key players on their favorite team aren't that good. Jauron will be long gone before some of you give up on some of his players. Their are some here who still believe in JP. Meanwhile guys like Mularkey and Greggo have moved on to find success elsewhere. It's an ugly trend in the NFL and some of the more successful franchises have fought the urge to stroke an impatient fanbase. The Trent apologists are usually the ones who are out for Jaurons blood. Honestly, both of these guys should be fighting for their jobs.

It is kind of a stretch to assume that McCargo and Kelsay will improve this season. Can Trent do enough to win? Will the offensive line hold up? Will this team generate pressure on the Qb? Can the Bills avoid injuries to their thin positions? These questions should be just as much of a concern as the coaching staff, IMO.

Why is Bobby April always mentioned as a head coaching canidate? Does he have any head coaching experience? It seems like a massive jump from ST coach to head coach. I would think that the team has better options, when Jauron gets fired.

Word.

Are the coaches good enough? Thus far, no. April is the exception, who has proven himself enough to be considered a given. Fewell has done good with little talent, but he has yet to put together a squad that is excellent. Schonert was in his first year. I think we should take a wait and see approach with him. He's got desire, and he wants to have a prolific offense - as opposed to just grinding out the clock. Jauron has never been a winner as a H.C., but, his teams have never been talented. Chicago saw him lead them to a 13-3 record, which was overachieving, I thought. He's had enough time here, though, to say that this year is the time to put up or shut up. We can't demand a SB victory out of any coach, but we can demand that by now the team is focused, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, knows their respective schemes, and goes out every week and plays tough. We've got to look like a team to be reckoned with, or he'll be out the door. That's my opinion, but I think if we don't make it to the playoffs, he's gone. Whatever record that takes, is what we'll need. And, above all else, we'll need to look like a good team. If we don't, or are unpredictable - some weeks good, some not so good, and blow it quick in the playoffs, I don't see them bringing back anyone. And, if we're stinking it up big time, I could see us having a new coach at the bye.

Are the coaches good enough? Thus far, no. April is the exception, who has proven himself enough to be considered a given. Fewell has done good with little talent, but he has yet to put together a squad that is excellent. Schonert was in his first year. I think we should take a wait and see approach with him. He's got desire, and he wants to have a prolific offense - as opposed to just grinding out the clock. Jauron has never been a winner as a H.C., but, his teams have never been talented. Chicago saw him lead them to a 13-3 record, which was overachieving, I thought. He's had enough time here, though, to say that this year is the time to put up or shut up. We can't demand a SB victory out of any coach, but we can demand that by now the team is focused, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, knows their respective schemes, and goes out every week and plays tough. We've got to look like a team to be reckoned with, or he'll be out the door. That's my opinion, but I think if we don't make it to the playoffs, he's gone. Whatever record that takes, is what we'll need. And, above all else, we'll need to look like a good team. If we don't, or are unpredictable - some weeks good, some not so good, and blow it quick in the playoffs, I don't see them bringing back anyone. And, if we're stinking it up big time, I could see us having a new coach at the bye.

Great Post! This is right on the money and without the usual TSW exaggeration. Nice job :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787

So myself plus a huge percentage of the Bills fan base feel pretty good about Trent Edwards being the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills, but maybe not so good about DJ as our HC and Shonert as our OC, so in your mind we are making excuses.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

So myself plus a huge percentage of the Bills fan base feel pretty good about Trent Edwards being the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills, but maybe not so good about DJ as our HC and Shonert as our OC, so in your mind we are making excuses.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

It all depends on what you mean by pretty good. I don't think a huge percentage of Bills fans feel he has been above average thus far. I would say that a huge percentage think he deserves to be the unchallenged starter this year, myself included. Qbs that would make me feel pretty good are guys like Big Ben, Rivers, Mcnabb, P Manning, Brady, Cutler, E Manning, Ryan, Warner, Palmer, Romo, Rodgers, and Brees. Qbs that would make me feel hopeful but skeptical are Edwards, Pennington, Russell, Flacco, Hasselback, Orton, Cassel, Delhomme, Scahub, and Delhomme.

I made the comment based on the hatred TSW has for this coaching staff. Schonert has had one season here and people are already all over him. Jauron has had mediocre results the last three seasons and is written off by most as a permanent loser. It's just an observation as to how a fanbase deals with a team that has underachieved for a decade. Buffalo has been one of the places in the NFl where coachs go to die.

I'm not saying that Jauron should be free of blame. I'm saying that people need to learn to hold their favorite players as accountable as they do the coaching staff. Playcalling always looks terrible when a team can't execute. If the Bills go to the playoffs next season, many fans will say it was despite Jauron. At the same time Edwards will be considered a surefire HOF.

Guest dog14787
It all depends on what you mean by pretty good. I don't think a huge percentage of Bills fans feel he has been above average thus far. I would say that a huge percentage think he deserves to be the unchallenged starter this year, myself included. Qbs that would make me feel pretty good are guys like Big Ben, Rivers, Mcnabb, P Manning, Brady, Cutler, E Manning, Ryan, Warner, Palmer, Romo, Rodgers, and Brees. Qbs that would make me feel hopeful but skeptical are Edwards, Pennington, Russell, Flacco, Hasselback, Orton, Cassel, Delhomme, Scahub, and Delhomme.

I made the comment based on the hatred TSW has for this coaching staff. Schonert has had one season here and people are already all over him. Jauron has had mediocre results the last three seasons and is written off by most as a permanent loser. It's just an observation as to how a fanbase deals with a team that has underachieved for a decade. Buffalo has been one of the places in the NFl where coachs go to die.

I'm not saying that Jauron should be free of blame. I'm saying that people need to learn to hold their favorite players as accountable as they do the coaching staff. Playcalling always looks terrible when a team can't execute. If the Bills go to the playoffs next season, many fans will say it was despite Jauron. At the same time Edwards will be considered a surefire HOF.

I see you put Jay Cutler on a list of whats for the most part, proven playoff caliber QB's, nice :thumbsup:

My comment was based on the fact that you associate some folks displeasure with our Coaching staff as a way of defending Trent Edwards and in my opinion its false. Despite our sub par coaching staff Trent Edwards has still proven he's an above average QB and I'll say again, that's despite our Coaching staff.

I don't think DJ and his staff are hated on TSW, I think their record and the amount of experience they have in the league speaks for itself, it is what it is.

I see you put Jay Cutler on a list of for the most part, proven playoff caliber QB's, nice :thumbsup:

My comment was the fact that you associate some folks displeasure with our Coaching staff as a way of defending Trent Edwards and in my opinion its false. Despite our sub par coaching staff Trent Edwards has still proven he's an above average QB and I'll say again, that's despite our Coaching staff.

You can't be serious Dog. You have just forfeited your rights to any logical Qb discussions. Above average? Are you including all of the backups and third stringers when you determine your mean?

Guest dog14787
You can't be serious Dog. You have just forfeited your rights to any logical Qb discussions. Above avergae? Are you including all of the backups and third stringers when you determine your mean?

Does trying to evaluate Trent Edwards full potential under our current coaching staff and OC honestly make any sense to you?

I know, I'm making excuses when I say TE is being developed by a sub par coaching staff, you made that clear.

Above average yes, I call him championship caliber and I billieve one day he's going to prove it, just like you believe your guy, Jay Cutler will, but Cutler doesn't play for Buffalo so I personally don't care what Jay Cutler does as long as its not against the Bills.

Does trying to evaluate Trent Edwards full potential under our current coaching staff and OC honestly make any sense to you?

I know, I'm making excuses when I say TE is being developed by a sub par coaching staff, you made that clear.

Above average yes, I call him championship caliber and I billieve one day he's going to prove it, just like you believe your guy, Jay Cutler will, but Cutler doesn't play for Buffalo so I personally don't care what Jay Cutler does as long as its not against the Bills.

About as much sense as trying to evaluate our OC and coach with subpar Qb play. The point I was trying to make is that fans need to start holding the players as accountable as the coaching staff. The blame shouldn't begin and end with the coach. I have no problem with giving Jauron his share of the blame but don't put the blinders on for the rest of the team. Championship caliber shouldn't be used to describe any player on this roster not named TO. It certainly shouldn't be used to describe a Qb who is playing for his job this year.

I see you still have hard feelings over the Jay Cutler discussions. I actually dislike Cutler, but can still maintain integrity when comparing him and Edwards. Edwards has been putting in the extra time this offseason and I know he wants to improve. I hope he does.

I doubt either Mularkey or Williams ever sniff a HC job again. Hell Greggo can't even hang on to a DC position.

I doubt either Mularkey or Williams ever sniff a HC job again. Hell Greggo can't even hang on to a DC position.

Why is that? One guy is 48 and the other is 51. Both are considered top coordinators in the NFL and have HC experience. Hell Greggo was close to being the Washington Redskins head coach in 2008 as he interviewed four times with them. His difficult personality is the only thing slowing him down but it won't matter to someone. As for Mularkey, he is on fire right now and will be a commodity again soon.

Guest dog14787
About as much sense as trying to evaluate our OC and coach with subpar Qb play. The point I was trying to make is that fans need to start holding the players as accountable as the coaching staff. The blame shouldn't begin and end with the coach. I have no problem with giving Jauron his share of the blame but don't put the blinders on for the rest of the team. Championship caliber shouldn't be used to describe any player on this roster not named TO. It certainly shouldn't be used to describe a Qb who is playing for his job this year.

I like how you still have hard feelings over the Jay Cutler discussions. I actually dislike Cutler, but can still maintain integrity when comparing him and Edwards. Edwards has been putting in the extra time this offseason and I know he wants to improve. I hope he does.

No, not at all push, I realized what a nice fella you were during them discussions, even though we disagree allot.

When I seen Cutlers name though, I just had to take a stab at you about it. :thumbsup:

When I describe Trent Edwards as a championship caliber QB in the makings I admit its based more on my very high personal opinion I have of him Plus the gut feeling he's going to be great one day. Ive only made this same call on one other QB to this extreme and that was Tom Brady years ago while Brady was still in college.

So I really hope to go two for two on this one because it means good things are in store for all of us.

No, not at all push, I realized what a nice fella you were during them discussions, even though we disagree allot.

When I seen Cutlers name though, I just had to take a stab at you about it. :thumbsup:

When I describe Trent Edwards as a championship caliber QB in the makings I admit its based more on my very high personal opinion I have of him Plus the gut feeling he's going to be great one day. Ive only made this same call on one other QB to this extreme and that was Tom Brady years ago while Brady was still in college.

So I really hope to go two for two on this one because it means good things are in store for all of us.

Trent Edwards would be a championship caliber QB....on the Tennessee Titans. Under a successful head coach who knows how to motivate his players into victory and doesn't have excuses lined up on Friday for the loss the coming Sunday.