Are the Bills Coaches Good Enough ?

No, not at all push, I realized what a nice fella you were during them discussions, even though we disagree allot.

When I seen Cutlers name though, I just had to take a stab at you about it. :thumbsup:

When I describe Trent Edwards as a championship caliber QB in the makings I admit its based more on my very high personal opinion I have of him Plus the gut feeling he's going to be great one day. Ive only made this same call on one other QB to this extreme and that was Tom Brady years ago while Brady was still in college.

So I really hope to go two for two on this one because it means good things are in store for all of us.

I hope you go two for two as well. At this point it takes a strong opinion to make that prediction and I can respect that. I always think this board is more interesting when posters draw their own conclusions, as opposed to just repeating the same jokes.

Why is that? One guy is 48 and the other is 51. Both are considered top coordinators in the NFL and have HC experience. Hell Greggo was close to being the Washington Redskins head coach in 2008 as he interviewed four times with them. His difficult personality is the only thing slowing him down but it won't matter to someone. As for Mularkey, he is on fire right now and will be a commodity again soon.

The HC job was supposed to be Greggs when Gibbs retired. It was a LOCK. Danny boy had a change of heart after talking to his players & interviewing Gregg FOUR times. Williams will NEVER be a HC in the NFL again. Mularkey, WAY down the road MAY get another shot, but a doubt it. The POINT is you said they have both gone on to success after leaving the Bills. Mularkey was DEMOTED from OC to position coach after leaving the Bills.................You call that Success??????? Williams had GOOD players in DC & didn't do much with them, he not only did not get the Head Coach job PROMISED him when hired by Danny Boy, but he even lost his DC job which paid a LOT of Money.....................You call that Success?????? I REPEAT Neither of those two will EVER be a HC again.

Trent Edwards would be a championship caliber QB....on the Tennessee Titans. Under a successful head coach who knows how to motivate his players into victory and doesn't have excuses lined up on Friday for the loss the coming Sunday.

Jeff Fisher is an interesting example. He has five losing seasons, six winning seasons, and four 8-8 seasons. In his first three years with Tennsssee he went 8-8 each season. The next season was his first winning one and he went 13-3, losing to the Rams in the superbowl.

The HC job was supposed to be Greggs when Gibbs retired. It was a LOCK. Danny boy had a change of heart after talking to his players & interviewing Gregg FOUR times. Williams will NEVER be a HC in the NFL again. Mularkey, WAY down the road MAY get another shot, but a doubt it. The POINT is you said they have both gone on to success after leaving the Bills. Mularkey was DEMOTED from OC to position coach after leaving the Bills.................You call that Success??????? Williams had GOOD players in DC & didn't do much with them, he not only did not get the Head Coach job PROMISED him when hired by Danny Boy, but he even lost his DC job which paid a LOT of Money.....................You call that Success?????? I REPEAT Neither of those two will EVER be a HC again.

Mike Mularkey is one of the hottest offensive coordinators in the league right now. He has positioned himself to be a hot HC canidate again. Yes he's seen success. Greg Williams interviewed for a headcoahing position last year and you are stating that he will NEVER be a head coach again? Williams is supposedly a pain the azz but he is a very good coordinator and never without a job. These guys are still young and will get another opportunity.

I know it's nice to envision all former coachs as complete failures but please be realistic.

Guest dog14787
Jeff Fisher is an interesting example. He has five losing seasons, six winning seasons, and four 8-8 seasons. In his first three years with Tennsssee he went 8-8 each season. The next season was his first winning one and he went 13-3, losing to the Rams in the superbowl.

I have not given up on our current coaching staff and it is possible in my opinion that we may have pulled the plug to quick on Mularkey and Williams to honestly say they had their fair chances and blew it. Both are very good coordinators and coaches and I think their experience with the Bills will only help them in the future.

Mike Mularkey is one of the hottest offensive coordinators in the league right now. He has positioned himself to be a hot HC canidate again. Yes he's seen success. Greg Williams interviewed for a headcoahing position last year and you are stating that he will NEVER be a head coach again? Williams is supposedly a pain the azz but he is a very good coordinator and never without a job. These guys are still young and will get another opportunity.

I know it's nice to envision all former coachs as complete failures but please be realistic.

I am realistic both are AVERAGE as DC & OC but Neither will be a HC again. You said they were both successful after leaving the Bills, implying the Bills were wrong to let them go. That is just flat out WRONG.

I know you HATE the Bills, but please be realistic.

Guest dog14787
I am realistic both are AVERAGE as DC & OC but Neither will be a HC again. You said they were both successful after leaving the Bills, implying the Bills were wrong to let them go. That is just flat out WRONG.

I know you HATE the Bills, but please be realistic.

Naww come on, Push loves the Bills just like the rest of us, he's just not as disillusioned as some of us are around here, I mean he is defending our current coaching staff.

Push is simply implying rookie HC are like rookie players and sometimes they need time to develop into good HC's just like players do.

Naww come on, Push loves the Bills just like the rest of us, he's just not as disillusioned as some of us are around here, I mean he is defending our current coaching staff.

Push is simply implying rookie HC are like rookie players and sometimes they need time to develop into good HC's just like players do.

OK, I may have gotten carried away with that................SORRY. I know I am right about Mike & Gregg though.

And he had STeve McNair entering his 4th season as the QB....Go figure...The team needs to have stability at the QB position and the OL to have success.