Top 10 sports anti-hero list

This is just as personal as the my other pleasant list, no right or wrong answers.. These are local guys I HATED, buecause I thought they sucked, in one way or another(at least to me).. No coaches on this list:)

1) Marvin Barnes-- He destroyed everything he touched and the our NBA went away!

2) Joe Cribbs-- always whinning , talented but me first

3) Christian Laetner-- Yeah a hero at Nichols and Duke but as selfish as they come.

4)Richard Smelick(sp?).. Couldn't stand him.. Seemed like he was a -100 every year. and a wimp to boot

5)Joe Mesi-- Accomplished zero by beating stiffs

6)Alex Molginy-- all that talent all that B.S.

7)Miro Satan-- See above

8)Bills first round busts-- too many to mention..From patulski to M Williams

9) Elmore Smith-- The dummest player to ever play in the NBA

10)Norwood- nuff said!

it figures meaningless drabble coming from you

How are Willis McGahee and Jason Peters not on this list? Who are you? are you aware that Alexander Mogilny scored 76 goals in one season with the Sabres? Does anybody have anything of substance to post?

Also, as Molgilny matured, his attitude seemed to as well. Albeit probably not when he was with the Sabres.

I can understand Bryan Cox because his BS with Bills fans

I'll put a different spin on Cox. With him gone along with Marino, Shula, Jimmy Johnson, it takes a lot of the spice out of the hated Bills-Miami rivalry. Now a days, it is just like another game, not that much special from the other 30 teams in the NFL.

We NEED Cox back if only to run around the stadium "saluting" the fans. Crank it up!!!

I'll put a different spin on Cox. With him gone along with Marino, Shula, Jimmy Johnson, it takes a lot of the spice out of the hated Bills-Miami rivalry. Now a days, it is just like another game, not that much special from the other 30 teams in the NFL.

We NEED Cox back if only to run around the stadium "saluting" the fans. Crank it up!!!

I know what you mean: the Bills-Miami rivalry has suffered lately through a lack of personalities and of course, a lack of both teams being good at the same time. But they do have the Tuna now, so that's someone to hate, even if he's hiding up in the press box all day. But who else? Ricky Williams is more funny than loathsome, Chad Pennington is a decent QB but a generic personality, Ted Ginn is only funny because of Brady Quinn...

I take issue with Joe Mesi. The fight before he bravely won a nasty battle against a very good heavyweight, but received his infamous brain bleeds which ended his career for all intents and purposes, he drew over 15,000 fans into the HSBC arena and beat the crap out of another highly regarded young heavyweight fighter. Those two fights legitimately put him into the top 10 contender list. Who knows if he had the talent to win the championship, probably not, but a nobody out of Buffalo, NY making it into the top 10 is pretty damn good if you ask me!

As for your local anti-hero list, I only have one name to make up my top 10:

1-10) O.J. "Killer" Simpson. Presently spending about 9 years where he should have been spending the rest of his life, in prison. What a complete insane, egocentric, myopic, criminal he turned out to be after his NFL career ended! I always thought he and his oldest son teamed up to kill those innocent people. Well, he was legally aquitted and his son has never even been accused. Only God knows the truth, but I still hate the man anyway. It was fun watching him take that 9 years in the big house for breaking and entering with a loaded weapon.

well said. this thread should have been locked after this post.

I take issue with Joe Mesi. The fight before he bravely won a nasty battle against a very good heavyweight, but received his infamous brain bleeds which ended his career for all intents and purposes, he drew over 15,000 fans into the HSBC arena and beat the crap out of another highly regarded young heavyweight fighter. Those two fights legitimately put him into the top 10 contender list. Who knows if he had the talent to win the championship, probably not, but a nobody out of Buffalo, NY making it into the top 10 is pretty damn good if you ask me!

As for your local anti-hero list, I only have one name to make up my top 10:

1-10) O.J. "Killer" Simpson. Presently spending about 9 years where he should have been spending the rest of his life, in prison. What a complete insane, egocentric, myopic, criminal he turned out to be after his NFL career ended! I always thought he and his oldest son teamed up to kill those innocent people. Well, he was legally aquitted and his son has never even been accused. Only God knows the truth, but I still hate the man anyway. It was fun watching him take that 9 years in the big house for breaking and entering with a loaded weapon.

I always suspected AC as being the accomplice

You named three Sabres (spelling one correctly) and you didn't name Barrasso? Number 8 encompasses more than one player, Laettner is spelled thusly, and you actually have a problem with Scott Norwood?

Here's an idea: quit dropping by the corner bar in Kenmore for five Genny Cream Ales (I'll bet you add salt!) on the way home when your shift ends at 2pm.

Here's a better idea, get a life.. These lists are personal, If I say I can't stand Jim Kelly that's my right..It's not for debate because its an OPINION . It's not based on statistics.

Also, "dummest" was intentional because Smith actually spelled it that way in an article he wrote. But so many of you are stupid critics. Maybe it's because you support a Bill's team that has no future. They suck and anyone intellegent sees that.

Here's a better idea, get a life.. These lists are personal, If I say I can't stand Jim Kelly that's my right..It's not for debate because its an OPINION . It's not based on statistics.

Also, "dummest" was intentional because Smith actually spelled it that way in an article he wrote. But so many of you are stupid critics. Maybe it's because you support a Bill's team that has no future. They suck and anyone intellegent sees that.

Yeah! Ugly year ahead...that's your opinion and anybody else's opinion who can think.

Besides everyone, this top 10 was his anti-hero list, not his villain list. An anti-hero is like a Holden Caulfield or an Alex (from a clockwork orange)...in other words, an unappealing protagonist. It makes sense that they'd be Buffalo sports personalities.

Yeah! Ugly year ahead...that's your opinion and anybody else's opinion who can think.

Besides everyone, this top 10 was his anti-hero list, not his villain list. An anti-hero is like a Holden Caulfield or an Alex (from a clockwork orange)...in other words, an unappealing protagonist. It makes sense that they'd be Buffalo sports personalities.

Is there anyway a Moderator can ban this guy? Is there something in the code of conduct allowing a Moderator to kick someone off just because they are a complete moron? If so, please do...

6)Alex Molginy-- all that talent all that B.S.

I'm not certain about this, but Mogilny was a very young guy who was pretty much alone after defecting, and there were rumours about death threats, exthortion, and a whole bunch of shady stuff involving the Russian mafia going on while he was in Buffalo. I think this would produce some odd behavior from anyone (even you), let alone some teenage kid. He had a pretty good career too.

There have to be some other more deserving anti-heroes.

way to rally buster! now you're making sense. :thumbsup: