Meet Eric Wood in NYC

My wife and I are going to try to go--we need to head into the city to catch some friends for dinner in the theater district at 7:30, so I figured may as well kill two birds with one stone.....

My wife and I did head into the city and checked this out. It was an interesting event--there was a $25 cover charge (but wings and free beer went with that) and by the time we got there at 6:20 there were about 15-20 people maybe attending. We got to talk to Eric for a bit and take a picture with him. Seemed like a very nice guy, very happy to be in the League and with the Bills. He was very friendly and was talking to all of the fans there. It was funny, but someone asked him who he grew up rooting for as a kid and it was the Bengals. Fair enough, IMHO, considering where he grew up. He also told us that he wasn't being paid for attending, but that he and his girlfriend got free air fare and a hotel for the weekend and it sounded like a good opportunity to him to check out NY and to get to meet some fans of his new team. All in all, a very worthwhile event. The team (and/or McFadden's) ought to consider more fan-friendly events like this. My wife and I will root a little harder for #70 after tonight, for example......

My wife and I did head into the city and checked this out. It was an interesting event--there was a $25 cover charge (but wings and free beer went with that) and by the time we got there at 6:20 there were about 15-20 people maybe attending. We got to talk to Eric for a bit and take a picture with him. Seemed like a very nice guy, very happy to be in the League and with the Bills. He was very friendly and was talking to all of the fans there. It was funny, but someone asked him who he grew up rooting for as a kid and it was the Bengals. Fair enough, IMHO, considering where he grew up. He also told us that he wasn't being paid for attending, but that he and his girlfriend got free air fare and a hotel for the weekend and it sounded like a good opportunity to him to check out NY and to get to meet some fans of his new team. All in all, a very worthwhile event. The team (and/or McFadden's) ought to consider more fan-friendly events like this. My wife and I will root a little harder for #70 after tonight, for example......

Thanks for the reconnaissance/report Matt. Sounds like a cool time and that you guys had some fun.

wait are you guys seriously complaining about paying $15-20 bucks to drink unlimited beers and eat unlimited wings for 5 hours!??!?!?! (special runs 1 hour before and 1 hour after the game). Plus you are with 500+ other fans....u guys are nuts

Apparently it's expensive compared to buying a twelve pack of bud and a large 3 cheese and steak pizza from Mr. Pizza. Oh wait, never mind. I meant a six pack of bud and a chicken finger sub from Jim's Steakout. That's less than 15 bucks still isn't it? The McFadden's deal is cheap, especially for NYC.

wait are you guys seriously complaining about paying $15-20 bucks to drink unlimited beers and eat unlimited wings for 5 hours!??!?!?! (special runs 1 hour before and 1 hour after the game). Plus you are with 500+ other fans....u guys are nuts

Really, You can't even get a decent breakfast in NYC for less than $15.

Cool, my best friend owns the joint... I feel bad, I have never been there to watch a game (I live in Texas now), but am hoping to make it there for a game this season. Honestly, I can't even imagine how insane it must be at McFaddens. When I lived in NYC, we used to go to a place by 72nd and Columbus to watch the games, but I can't, for the life of me, remember the name...it was always a blast. Of course, I used to drink a lot more back then....

The only place on Columbus & 72 would be Malachy's, but it's more of an Irish pub than a sports joint. Blondies opened up on the early '90s on B'way and then moved to '79th a few years later. Boomer's would be the only other sports club option on UWS back in the day. Still, nothing was better than Name This Joint, when it was still open.

Thanks for the reconnaissance/report Matt. Sounds like a cool time and that you guys had some fun.

Apparently it's expensive compared to buying a twelve pack of bud and a large 3 cheese and steak pizza from Mr. Pizza. Oh wait, never mind. I meant a six pack of bud and a chicken finger sub from Jim's Steakout. That's less than 15 bucks still isn't it? The McFadden's deal is cheap, especially for NYC.

Ill be happy to answer that one being the chicken finger sub connoisseur that I am. Depending on what your getting with it you might be asking your freinds for some dough. The other night I got a chicken finger sub with bacon and a large drink and paid over $12. Then of course you have to toss in a buck or two for a tip.

Allen and Elmwood is still my favorite but now there are 2 just down the street from me in Amherst so I dont head down there much anymore.

In all I would say $25 is very cheap for any place for wings and beer. Especially for all you can eat and drink and defenately in NYC.

Thanks for the recon. McFaddens had a book signing with Marv a few years back that was a blast. They should do some more of this stuff.