Our Harvard QB

At the end of preseason there will be any number of very good backup quarterbacks available, assuming that Hamdan, Fitz or whoever don't work out. Backup qb is the least of our problems and if there should be a problem the easiest to fix prior to the start of the regular season. I suspect the existing guys will be fine. If you're going to go to the backup with any regularity you aren't going anywhere anyway.

I'm surprised you waited so long to chime in, along with your anti-Fiztpatrick pogrom partner, FHBillsfan #1.

Last I heard from you, you were telling us that you had a friend that followed the B'gals, and you and he would have 2 televisions running with separate feeds - the Bills and the Bengals. About how therefore you saw most B'gals games...evidently concentrating on both simultaneously, enabling your grand pronouncements.

I've written occasionally about my impressions regarding Fitzpatrick. Pros and cons. I've posted authoritaive site citations depicting CIN's league-leading injuries.

You might look them up.

CIN, with Palmer's contract owning their QB budget, was in no position to pay Fitz what his market would bear. They would have gladly liked to have retained him.

Fiztpatrick was snapped up when he hit the open market.

By reading your know it all posts, you are either related to Noodle Arm or you are getting a cut of his overpaid contract.

Palmer has - as they say - all the physical passing tools. Remains to be seen how his bum elbow comes around.

And yes - CIN has had horrific overall injuries the past few seasons - as well as top draft choices leaving football through injury or attitude certainly contributing, as well as ownership and coaching staff. Marvin is in DJ's class regarding game decisions.

There is a lot to like about Palmer - but I've never seen him really display a force of personality that made one feel that he could forge an improbable victory.

Off-topic: The early things about CIN's DC Zimmer D looks good. They were #12 overall last year against a tough schedule. And they stocked up in the draft with LB R. Mulagela (sp?) and DE M. Jackson, re-signed LBs D. Jones and R. Jeanty, and await the return of K. Rivers. 2008's #3 DT Sims looked like the real deal, alongside DT Peko.

CIN has a good shot at an 8-8 record. Perhaps more. On paper, they certainly have a schedule much softer than last season.

Thanks for the good response. The knock on Palmer is that he isn't the brightest bulb on the planet. Supposedly, he was supposed to go to Notre Dame but couldn't qualify academically. But as scary as it is to say, I really like the Bengals and what they have been doing. They had a great draft and have a very underrated defense.

now, they should just trade 85 while he has any value left.

We are speaking about your team's backup QB situation. The Bills signed Fitzpatrick as a backup. Your team lost Cassel and now has Kevin O'Connell as a backup.

O'Connell will be better than Cassell

has better skills and is being groomed to replace Brady

Or maybe he has actually watched the guy play and just isn't talking out his @ss like you are.

I have watched they guy play for the Bengals and the Rams (yes he did play for the Rams for those of YOU who didn't know who he was until the Bills signed him now he is superhuman) more than both of you put together most likely. Besides, if I am talking out of my *ss, you must be looking at my *ss to know that.