All you Hamden Lovers should see plenty of him this year

I suppose Joey Porter shouldn't be named because he only had 17.5 sacks last season...playing part time. Now he has been informed he will play full time this season.

Playing along with Jason Taylor this season the Dolphins might just set a new sack record. :lol:

To be real, I'd be more concerned about the Bills facing Kris Jenkins 2x this season. He dominated the Bills O line while taking on three blockers and still got to the QB. Yea, that's right, both guards and center tried to block him in the first game had had little success. That is the main reason those players are no longer in Buffalo and were cut lose.

But what gets me is how can this batch of nincompoops on the coaching staff think things will be better by having two rookie guards and a back up free agent center blocking him when seasoned veteran players couldn't get the job done. Not to mention that the rookie O line coach didn't seem to get his job done last season either, so who will teach these new players the proper technique they will need to succeed??? :flirt:

1) Porter & Taylor already played together in 2007 and had a combined 16.5 sacks. Taylor is now 2 years older.

2) You realize the Bills had 187 rushing yards against teh mighty Kris Jenkins in their 2nd meeting right? This is with our backup center and a QB who is currently out of the NFL.

3) The Panthers averaged over 150 rushing yards with Hangartner starting at center.

Our oline sucked last year. They were overrated and overpaid. Our dominant left side gave up over 20 sacks between them. We couldn't pick up first downs. Also with Josh Reed (a great #3 but poor #2) and Robert Royal starting, teams could load up the box because we only had one vertical threat. Teams can't do that anymore.

Look, I can't say our line will be dominant. But it will be hard for them to any worse than last year.

1) Porter & Taylor already played together in 2007 and had a combined 16.5 sacks. Taylor is now 2 years older.

2) You realize the Bills had 187 rushing yards against teh mighty Kris Jenkins in their 2nd meeting right? This is with our backup center and a QB who is currently out of the NFL.

3) The Panthers averaged over 150 rushing yards with Hangartner starting at center.

Our oline sucked last year. They were overrated and overpaid. Our dominant left side gave up over 20 sacks between them. We couldn't pick up first downs. Also with Josh Reed (a great #3 but poor #2) and Robert Royal starting, teams could load up the box because we only had one vertical threat. Teams can't do that anymore.

Look, I can't say our line will be dominant. But it will be hard for them to any worse than last year.

Don't forget that Reed missed 4 games last year. Again worst-case scenario for the O-line is the entire right side remains like it was the past 2 years, a rookie starts at LG, and Chambers or Bell start at LT, with help from the TE or RB's (i.e. chipping the DE and then going out into the flat and being an outlet receiver).

Edit: Too funny. I posted the above, and then found an article talking about it, from bleacherreport.com:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/189438-...l-their-offense

The Bills have assembled the personnel on the field to help Walker should he need it. Playing in a division in which the other three teams run a 3-4 defense, he will probably need all the help he can get, which is not a slight against him. A 3-4 defense is simply a faster blitzing defense with the linebackers. However, the running backs and tight ends who have experience are good blockers. Lining up a tight end on Walker's outside shoulder and using a running back to chip the pass rusher could certainly help solidify the left side of the line. Protecting the quarterback is not simply about the offensive line, which is why the Bills could turn out just fine without a premier left tackle in the NFL.
Edited by VOR