Obama to nominate far-left Sonia Sotomayor to SC

What are the assets though..Are they liquid? Just because her home maybe assessed at X amount does not mean she will get X amount in a sale.

True, but it is far from the picture you tried to paint in your post.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but it is far from the picture you tried to paint in your post.
How so? You're talking about a nominee to the frieking SUPREME COURT....She should be above reproach. If I was $400K in debt they'd can my ass. This seriously leaves a person open to bribery or other such things.

How so? You're talking about a nominee to the frieking SUPREME COURT....She should be above reproach. If I was $400K in debt they'd can my ass. This seriously leaves a person open to bribery or other such things.

She ISN'T $400,00 in debt. That's the point.

EDIT:

Here, maybe this will help:

http://www.accountingcoach.com/online-acco...se/60Xpg01.html

It looks like she owes most of that on her mortgage. Big deal.

It looks like she owes most of that on her mortgage. Big deal.

Exactly

She listed her net worth at $740,053, with her biggest asset being a Greenwich Village condo worth $997,500. She also reported $381,775 in mortgage debt and $31,985 in the bank.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23351.html

Not in debt. Net worth of over $700,000 grand.

But I'm sure the lies will continue.

A $400k mortgage a $200k annual salary? How in the hell do you think that's fiscally irresponsible?

A $400k mortgage a $200k annual salary? How in the hell do you think that's fiscally irresponsible?

A $400k mortgage with 3.5% down is ONLY $2400.00 a month.

A $400k mortgage with 10% down is ONLY $1800.00 a month.

Hell, I can afford that and I earn HALF of her salary!!!

I'm not impressed. I could afford to pay off her mortgage IN CASH just to prove a point.

You should be becsause it's SIMPLE economics.

I wasn't bragging moron.

I was stating a simple FACT.

but since you are an obvious bigot (bias) towards her what more should one expect.

A $400k mortgage with 3.5% down is ONLY $2400.00 a month.

A $400k mortgage with 10% down is ONLY $1800.00 a month.

Hell, I can afford that and I earn HALF of her salary!!!

I come up with closer to $2100 a month at 5.4% with 10% down. You also have to figure NYC property tax which is 10.6% to 16.8% depending on the property value. If that was the $1.6 million in assets it would be $160,000 a year on the low tax rate!! That would bring it to ~$15,000 a month.

Granted I have no idea what her mortage or taxes are but just because she has $400,000 LEFT on her mortgage we don't know what her property is assessed at or the original loan amount. That is very important as we can see above in determining whether or not she is in financial trouble.