The Cowboys Are Shopping Greg Ellis

I think Kelsay is overpaid, but clearly you think he's one of the top 60 DEs in football. You guys make it seem like he's the absolute worst starter at that position.

lol..-He is definitely in the top 62.

Roscoe and Kelsey for Ellis sounds fantastic to me.

Ok...This cracks me up...Once again we have the constant we should sign any named player that is on the trading block or released and the Kelsay bashing. Most people act like Kelsay is some sort of panzy. Actually he plays hard all the time. He is not a speed rusher and never was in college at Nebraska. he plays hard ALL of the time and yes he doesn't always get to the QB but he plays the run solid and is a decent player. This anti kelsay crap is just that... crap.

I think Kelsay is overpaid, but clearly you think he's one of the top 60 DEs in football. You guys make it seem like he's the absolute worst starter at that position.

He is the absolute worst, no question. Who has less production as a starter?

Kelsay (and Denney, fot that matter) has an awesome ability to misread plays. If you watch film on him or even casually review the game afterward, you will see that Kelsay falls for every reverse, overpursues every draw, rushes the outside on off tackle runs, and generally makes a fundamental mental mistake an alarming amount of the time. Schobel does not.

He is decent against the run, however. He has range and can take on a block, make a lateral move and make the tackle. He isnt terribly slow in pursuit. At his height, he does not have the leverage to bull rush a lot of tackles.

Roscoe and Kelsey for Ellis sounds fantastic to me.

Ellis isn't worth his $5MM contract. Why trade for a guy that in all likelyhood will be released. The Cowboys are looking to free up $$ to resign Demarcus Ware to a big $$ long term deal. They won't want to take back big $ contracts, so IMO this trade wouldn't work. IMO they'd like Roscoe. He'd add depth to their receiving corp and give them a much needed return man. I don't know that Kelsay would be a fit in their 3-4 scheme.

Ellis is 34, he's making around $5MM and he's had an achilles and a knee problem. For the last several years he's been a "locker room lawyer" complaining about his contract and the amount of money he's making (or not making). That's a lot of negatives, but the guy can rush the passer...