This article is just rediculous

Call Owens a great player- he's earned that, but he had that game in the Superbowl because New England ALLOWED it. The gave him a cushion, let him run and then tackled him- and the Eagles went to him too much, just as the Patriots planned- getting away from the very things that got them to the Superbowl in the first place- which was the coach's fault, not Owen's fault.

Owens will make us better to a point, but we are still locked in 4th in the East and may be bound for a top five draft pick. We haven't been relevant in the NFL in about a decade, the last two superbowl winners have had offensive coordinators run out of town by our "knowledgeable" football fans. Jauron will be the next head coach that is victimized by this sinking ship that is the Buffalo Bills- Wade Phillips never should have been fired and Mike Mularkey thought the town was such a scrap heap he left on his own.

The Bills' strength is wide receivers- they have an unproven QB, a RB that can't stay out of his own way, can't run, can't stop the run and can't rush the passer. I honestly think a 1-15 or 2-14 season is on the way.

I don't think Bruce Arians has ever worked for Ralph. But, I guess you meant Dick LeBeau, who basically bolted out of town like Mularkey.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to add that as awesome as James Lofton was, never in his career was he anything approaching the game breaking talent of TO. IMO only Jerry Rice is comparable to TO (TO hasn't eclipsed him yet) but even that could be in jeopardy depending on what happens over the next 2-3 seasons.

For the sake of fairness, when all 3 are finally retired, I believe Randy Moss will be in company with those 2 guys as the 3 greatest WRs ever.

Sorry, gotta chime in here. Not on behalf of TO; his heart and accompishments on the field simply can't be questioned by anyone with an iota of football knowledge. He's a great player and a first ballot HOFer without question.

Also couldn't agree more about Moss. One of the best ever to play the position. His combination of speed, quickness, and size had never been seen in the game before he showed up. Another HOFer to be sure.

But I must take exception with your idea that Lofton was never anywhere near TO in terms of game breaking talent. He certainly was, especially during his time with GB. In fact, and I am always reluctant to compare players across eras, Lofton is actually one of those rare players from a former era that would do the same things today given his extraordinary athletic gifts: blazing speed (he was faster than Rice and TO), great hands, routes, strong off the press, etc. Take the same Lofton that came into the league as a rookie and draft him in 2010 and he will be the same HOF player. Maybe better, given the tilt in the rules that favor offenses nowadays.

GO BILLS!

Call Owens a great player- he's earned that, but he had that game in the Superbowl because New England ALLOWED it. The gave him a cushion, let him run and then tackled him- and the Eagles went to him too much, just as the Patriots planned- getting away from the very things that got them to the Superbowl in the first place- which was the coach's fault, not Owen's fault.

The Patriots let Owens get 9 receptions for 122 yards? Did the Steelers let Larry Fitzgerald get 7 receptions for 127 yards?

The Eagles lost that SB because they lost the turnover battle. The Eagles committed 4 turnovers to the Pats' 1, with McNabb being responsible for 3 of them, by forcing the ball to Westbrook once, and LJ Smith twice, with LJ Smith adding a fumble. Not to mention McNabb puking on the final drive.

The Patriots let Owens get 9 receptions for 122 yards? Did the Steelers let Larry Fitzgerald get 7 receptions for 127 yards?

The Eagles lost that SB because they lost the turnover battle. The Eagles committed 4 turnovers to the Pats' 1, with McNabb being responsible for 3 of them, by forcing the ball to Westbrook once, and LJ Smith twice, with LJ Smith adding a fumble. Not to mention McNabb puking on the final drive.

Yaaaa.......I'm gonna need you.......to uh.......STOP making sense. You're gonna scare off all the fun people here who we get to own.

- For the record, I don't think I've read a post of yours I disagree with. It's good to know there are actually fans of our team who WATCH these games, know something about Football, and post accordingly. Nice job! Continue owning......

Yaaaa.......I'm gonna need you.......to uh.......STOP making sense. You're gonna scare off all the fun people here who we get to own.

- For the record, I don't think I've read a post of yours I disagree with. It's good to know there are actually fans of our team who WATCH these games, know something about Football, and post accordingly. Nice job! Continue owning......

Thanks.