Anybody else catch Fred Jackson talking about TO?

We are all used to the rehearsed "athlete-speak" responses to reporters questions, "help the team win", etc. And for 99% of this video: Fred Jackson talking about his contract, that's precisely what we get. His answer about Rhodes is classic "athlete speak", same with the O line question.

But...look what happens 7 minutes in: the TO question comes up. Fred's body language changes all together. For the last 40 seconds it's a different interview. That looks pretty sincere to me, or else Freddy is a master actor.

So on to my questions:

1. Do you think he's really excited about TO being here, or is that an elaborate act?

2. If he really is that pumped, what does that mean?

3. How much value do you place on a guy like Fred's(a player not a coach, UDFA, etc.) opinion?

4. Is Fred right to be that excited?

Just thought it was interesting how his whole body lit up when he answered that question.

So on to my answers:

1. Do you think he's really excited about TO being here, or is that an elaborate act?

Fred Jackson truly has no reason not be excited, so it being an act seems unlikely.

It means that Fred Jackson (like many other players) has tremendous respect for T.O. and his abilities. Clearly, Fred was pumped. I don't think many players want to get on this guys bad side, and T.O. is a gamer who will demand teammates to respond this way when talking about him.

3. How much value do you place on a guy like Fred's(a player not a coach, UDFA, etc.) opinion?

Almost none. Fred probably has very little say whatsoever in the locker room because he is the RUDY of our team. By this I mean that you have a player who is in no position to jeapordize his chances. He knows this. Perhaps that is why most were shocked when he and his agent showed a little bit of dissent, but there is very little that Fred can do other than be obedient. He's earned a spot on the team, but he probably has little security, especially with the addition of Rhodes. If he doesn't dominate or show great potential in the opener, its a given the Bills will not be hesitant to give Rhodes a legit look.

You do realize that Fred didn't get excited over the question, how do you feel about the addition of Rhodes, right? I mean everyone (even Lee, Hardy, Steve Johnson) sincerely stands something to gain by T.O.'s addition. I think you would be more hard pressed to find someone who isn't optomistic about the situation.

We are all used to the rehearsed "athlete-speak" responses to reporters questions, "help the team win", etc. And for 99% of this video: Fred Jackson talking about his contract, that's precisely what we get. His answer about Rhodes is classic "athlete speak", same with the O line question.

But...look what happens 7 minutes in: the TO question comes up. Fred's body language changes all together. For the last 40 seconds it's a different interview. That looks pretty sincere to me, or else Freddy is a master actor.

So on to my questions:

Just thought it was interesting how his whole body lit up when he answered that question.

I definitly noticed his eyes twinkle and his lips moisten when that question was posed to him. :worthy:

I think running back is our best postition, at the least as loaded as reciever. Both positions should enjoy some added opportunity with T.O. and Nelson, and Rhodes; but, our recievers last year were going against defences set up to stop Evans and the run. This year they'll be playing honest defenses (one would think), and I'd say the running game will light up a bit more on that account than the passing game. I've thought a lot recently that our coaches will want to set up the pass with a solid run game, and then they'll feed off of each other. Who couldn't be excited about seeing our RB's getting these opportunities - it seemed like last year they were making the yards all on their own. Fred actually seemed a bit quicker and more able to hit the tiny holes and make five to ten yard gains. Imagine those turning into ten to fifteen or twenty yarders. If it all comes together right, it'll be fun to watch.

I think he (and we) have to be excited given the guys history in playing football games. His history in and out of the locker room has to be seen as "the price you pay" and you hope his performance makes up for it. I guess we could say the same to a lesser degree about Marshawn. I think Jackson is really excited and I bet TE is excited. I would be excited but we have what actually amounts to a brand new offensive line that has never played together in the positions they are assigned and two rookies at gaurd. Given my belief that all good things start in the trenches...I'm not optimistic.

Almost none. Fred probably has very little say whatsoever in the locker room because he is the RUDY of our team. By this I mean that you have a player who is in no position to jeapordize his chances. He knows this. Perhaps that is why most were shocked when he and his agent showed a little bit of dissent, but there is very little that Fred can do other than be obedient. He's earned a spot on the team, but he probably has little security, especially with the addition of Rhodes. If he doesn't dominate or show great potential in the opener, its a given the Bills will not be hesitant to give Rhodes a legit look.

I wouldn't go that far. I love both Marshawn and Fred, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear veterans say that they respect Fred as a leader more than Marshawn. Remember, Marshawn's 23....Fred is 28. And with all thats gone on in the past year with Marshawn, I wouldn't be suprised if veterans said that Marshawn was not one of their leaders because he's still acting like a kid.

Leadership is more than production and star status...there's respect in someone's hard work and what they did to get to the present time in their life.

And I think leadership is obviously defined quite different in each locker rooms...on a team with spoiled pampered stars like the Cowgirls, I would say the leaders are probably the stars, regardless of how hard they work or if they are actually good leaders. On teams like the Bills (or any other team that would be considered "no name"), I think leadership is a little different.

But we'll probably never know the truth because we don't get that inside access.

Almost none. Fred probably has very little say whatsoever in the locker room because he is the RUDY of our team.

So...when do we line him up at DE?

So on to my questions:

Why is this interesting?