Bengals-Rams trade

Before Rhodes came to town, I wouldn't have minded bringing Leonard in as a reserve back, and the price was cheap. Oh well, I think we'll make it.

So, wait. The Rams just traded a former second-round pick for a practice-squad guy -- one who spent some time with the Bills, in fact? Whoa. Guess I'm glad Buffalo didn't draft him.

I thought this had to be a BS thread but good gravy it's true!!

From Rotoworld;

Brian Leonard-RB- Bengals May. 7 - 1:42 pm et

Bengals acquired FB/RB Brian Leonard from the Rams in exchange for DT Orien Harris.

A no-frills runner when healthy, Leonard showed promise as a rookie in 2007 but has since battled chronic shoulder woes. He only played fullback last year. Leonard will compete as a hybrid player and isn't a threat to Cedric Benson. He does have some third-down value, but lacks breakaway speed.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Related: Rams

I was so disappointed that Buffalo didn't draft him. That's why I'm not the Bills GM. :w00t:

So, wait. The Rams just traded a former second-round pick for a practice-squad guy -- one who spent some time with the Bills, in fact? Whoa. Guess I'm glad Buffalo didn't draft him.

Here's the "official" blurb...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/beng...a7-9bbbad2af491

An out-of-the-blue deal, it seems. I'd speculate his pass-catching skills intrigued them - who knows? Benson's got good hands.

I mentioned Harris as being available some time back, before they acquired Tank Johnson. That gave them 4 DTs...Peko, last years' draftees Sims and Shirley. Old pro John Henderson is still on their roster, but the expectation is that he'll retire. Fine man - wouldn't be surprised to see him go on to coach somewhere.

Seems Harris was active for 10 games last season, with 14 total tackles. Can't say that I noticed him.