If TO helps take us to the next level, why only 1 year?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One year is plenty. Look at his track record, his first year everywhere has pretty much gone without a hitch. After the first year though, he has worn out his welcome and destroyed locker rooms everywhere he has been. One year is risky enough as it is for a young team, more than one would be foolish.

The "he destroys lockerrooms after 1 year" is overblown. I've used it as a way to say that he won't be a problem for the Bills this year. But the only team who he created problems with after 1 year was Philly, and that was mostly contractual and respect related. Jerry Jones made a mistake and he's a fool if the thinks that getting rid of TO will suddenly make Romo a good QB, or make Roy Williams a bonafide #1 WR.

The most obviously dumb post of the past month deserves a simple and even more obvious response. :P

Owens is using this year as his "good behavior" year to earn a contract with a championship contender next year. Owens despite whatever he may say or do on the field this year has no long-term interest of being a member of the Bills. Sorry! That's a fact.

Owens is only interested in himself, his stats and in playing for a major media market that fawns all over him.

It is for this reason and many other obvious reasons Owens is only on a one year contract.

Owens can't be good long-term because his behavior won't allow it. He won't understand and respect Buffalo as a team because he has proven three (3) times in San Francisco, Philadelphia, and in Dallas that his only concerns are calling his quarterback gay in San Francisco, throwing his quarterback under the bus in Philadelphia, and popping pills and throwing a temper tantrum that his quarterback in Dallas doesn't throw him the ball enough when he drops too many passes any way.

Of course, Buffalo will be better this year on offense because of Owens unique skill-set and playmaking ability. But Owens is just a hired gun for a year while Buffalo finds out if Hardy or Johnson can become a #2 receiver. If they can, then great for Buffalo. If they can't, Owens will leave Buffalo and a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a receiver in the 2010 draft.

Owens will be nothing more than a talented receiver who is putting in time for free agency next year.

The only "Savior" role Owens will play is he will make Buffalo a relevant football team for the media circus. He will help sell extra tickets and a lot of jerseys because his is an exciting/controversial topic. (Think Alex Rodriguez, Dennis Rodman, Mike Tyson, etc.)

Otherwise, let's leave the Savior role to the actual Savior found in the New Testament.

Ralph Wilson will be happy and Buffalo fans will be treated to a more exciting team that will finish no better than 8-8 barring some major injury to a key player on one of Buffalo's AFC East opponents.

This is why Owens is and only will be on a one-year sabbatical with Buffalo.

Nothing else can be added or refuted to this conversation. Close the topic!

--Nightcrawler

So glad to see that your opinions are the only relevant ones on this topic. You are so wise! Maybe you should be working for an NFL team. :wallbash:

The "he destroys lockerrooms after 1 year" is overblown. I've used it as a way to say that he won't be a problem for the Bills this year. But the only team who he created problems with after 1 year was Philly, and that was mostly contractual and respect related. Jerry Jones made a mistake and he's a fool if the thinks that getting rid of TO will suddenly make Romo a good QB, or make Roy Williams a bonafide #1 WR.

:wallbash:

The most obviously dumb post of the past month deserves a simple and even more obvious response. :wallbash:

Otherwise, let's leave the Savior role to the actual Savior found in the New Testament.

Nothing else can be added or refuted to this conversation. Close the topic!

--Nightcrawler

The billions of people who constitute the other 4200 global religions think might just think THIS is the dumbest post in a month.

That's a pretty big if, don't you think? What makes you think anything will change?

Nothing. He doesn't need to. All the hype about TO is media overblown BS anyway. I think Buffalo is an ideal situation for TO and he knows it too. If the Bills realize any success, I think TO will be signed to a 2-3 yr contract following this season, and I have to agree with Skooby on this. TO probably is tired of being shipped around and knows that he doesn't have much time left to redeem his legacy. I don't expect any kind of behavioral issues out of TO - but I do expect the unethical media to try and fabricate a behavioral issue at first opportunity, because they need stuff to talk about during the off season...

Nothing. He doesn't need to. All the hype about TO is media overblown BS anyway. I think Buffalo is an ideal situation for TO and he knows it too. If the Bills realize any success, I think TO will be signed to a 2-3 yr contract following this season, and I have to agree with Skooby on this. TO probably is tired of being shipped around and knows that he doesn't have much time left to redeem his legacy. I don't expect any kind of behavioral issues out of TO - but I do expect the unethical media to try and fabricate a behavioral issue at first opportunity, because they need stuff to talk about during the off season...

:wallbash: