RIP Danny Gans

Died suddenly of an apparent heart attack early Friday morning at age 52.

Link to Las Vegas Review-Journal article.

This guy was an amazing impressionist, but he was not well known outside of Las Vegas. I can't find too much on his act on YouTube, but he just moved over to the new Encore Resort in Vegas.

I've never been to Vegas and I never saw him perform, but I'm sure someone here has. I understand he was better and had a wider range than Frank Caliendo.

RIP.

I saw him two years ago at the Mirage. Personally I thought it was the best show I've seen in town, and I've seen alot of them - although since that show I saw LOVE and think that is my favorite/best. His show was a combination of comedy, impressions, singing, just overall performing. He mimiced many famous singers in many different kinds of songs, and was also very good at comedy including a bit as Johnny Carson / Carnac and another as Jeff Foxworthy doing the "redneck" bit. He was consistently thought of as one of the top performers and one of the hardest working as well, on the strip. The thing that stood out to me the most about his show was that it was about 90 minutes but it seemed like he NEVER took a break - I thought that was remarkable. In that sense I would call him the best pure entertainer I have seen, here or anywhere else.

He also has been lauded, before yesterday, for being very family oriented, community oriented, and very "giving" of his time, which is a contrast to other entertainers/celebrities/millionaires (Criss Angel for example). This is from all accounts, from people that knew him personally. He will definitely be missed around town, I am glad I was able to see his show.