Jason Smith on ESPN talking about Sanchez's marketing...

It seems to me that if Sanchez was that good we'd be talking about how he helps football-wise AT LEAST into the following day. Surely I understand the angle, and let's face it, it's a good marketing move. But why are they talking about it already? Smith is a Jets fan, talking about his team on his show for the first time since the draft, and he's talking 95% marketing, 5% football?

They traded to the 5th pick for this guy, is he Peyton Manning? I don't remember the talk being about Manning's marketing potential for the next 4 weeks. I remember hearing about what he was going to do on the field, and why that was going to be better than Ryan leaf. What about when Vick got drafted? I don't remember them talking about his marketing potential in Atlanta, and hey if there ever was a racial demographic/city match, it's Vick and Atlanta. I remember people telling us that it was showtime in Atlanta based on Vick's running ability.

Just seems strange that they would be so fast to change the subject...unless they already know that they are going 5-11 this year and they want to let their fans down easy with a "feel good story"??? Reminds me of Clean Up Buffalo.

It seems to me that if Sanchez was that good we'd be talking about how he helps football-wise AT LEAST into the following day. Surely I understand the angle, and let's face it, it's a good marketing move. But why are they talking about it already? Smith is a Jets fan, talking about his team on his show for the first time since the draft, and he's talking 95% marketing, 5% football?

They traded to the 5th pick for this guy, is he Peyton Manning? I don't remember the talk being about Manning's marketing potential for the next 4 weeks. I remember hearing about what he was going to do on the field, and why that was going to be better than Ryan leaf. What about when Vick got drafted? I don't remember them talking about his marketing potential in Atlanta, and hey if there ever was a racial demographic/city match, it's Vick and Atlanta. I remember people telling us that it was showtime in Atlanta based on Vick's running ability.

Just seems strange that they would be so fast to change the subject...unless they already know that they are going 5-11 this year and they want to let their fans down easy with a "feel good story"??? Reminds me of Clean Up Buffalo.

Last season, the jests started selling PSLs, some for tens of thousands of dollars. That is when they brought in a shot, half insane Favre. Sanchez is the new PSL seller.

It's an easy sell at that. Guys like Steve Young get on TV and say how "it's all about the quarterback" and the uninformed fans eat it up.

Regardless of whether he is good or not, I'm just happy that they are starting off with a rookie QB. We've got a hungry defense that wants to prove something next year looking to rip some heads off. I can't wait to see the new look Buffalo Bills take the field next season.