Serious offense question......

SKOOBY

Or,

4. Royal's blocking skills were vital, after all...

Well, those blocking skills left our offense one-dimensional and didn't beat anyone in our division.

I re-watched Nelson's Senior Bowl week, and he looks like he realizes he needs to become more of a willing blocker to make it big in the NFL. I hope he can improve his blocking while also learning his routes, etc.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People get so enamored with skill position talent.

It's going to take time for the offensive line to gel. Not a single player is going to be lining up next to the same guy he played next to last year. Butler and Walker will probably be playing new positions, we don't know much about Hangartner, and Wood and Levitre are not only rookies, but rookies playing new positions. Even if both of the draft picks pan out, it's not going to come together overnight.

Their line as a whole isn't automatically better just because they dumped Dockery and traded Peters. I would think, for a while anyway, the opposite will be true.

People get so enamored with skill position talent.

It's going to take time for the offensive line to gel. Not a single player is going to be lining up next to the same guy he played next to last year. Butler and Walker will probably be playing new positions, we don't know much about Hangartner, and Wood and Levitre are not only rookies, but rookies playing new positions. Even if both of the draft picks pan out, it's not going to come together overnight.

Their line as a whole isn't automatically better just because they dumped Dockery and traded Peters. I would think, for a while anyway, the opposite will be true.

We have 5 preseason games to get them ready, then they count.

If and I mean IF the coaches have any clue on how to call plays,

snp....

i Give them the s@%##y playcalling we had last year and its going to be a long season...

OK, lets take the briefest of moments to analyze this......

Same HC, same OC, same DC........

Mmm Hmmm.....I would expect completely different play calling. Not to mention newly discovered clock management skills and motivational abilities.