Why isn't anyone mentioning...

Brand J

Demetrius Bell is not ready to just jump into the starting LT spot. Even Jason Peters started at RT before being moved. I'm not even sure if Bell had ANY regular season action on any part of the line last year, let alone Left Tackle. He may have all the potential in the world, but you don't just throw him into the fire like that.

Furthermore, Brad Butler has quietly turned into a very good offensive lineman. Honestly, he was arguably the most solid out of anyone last year. He certainly does not deserve to be benched. If anything, he'll be getting a promotion to RT, not a demotion.

hopefully he'll show more of his nasty side like when he killed Kiwi in college. Never let my giants fan friends forget that, even if it was dirty as hell.

That Hangartner could be the player backing up the C/G spots? If Hangartner doesn't prove to be more talented than Wood, Levitre, or Butler, he could play the same role here as he did in Carolina: backup interior lineman. IMO the line will probably read as follows:

LT - Walker

LG - Levitre

C - Wood

RG - Butler

RT - Bell/Chambers

Game day backups - Hangartner, Bell/Chambers

Actually, I think with the exception of Walker, everyone listed above is a backup.

Hangarthner should start. I thought he got a pretty good contract for a backup. He is being paid to start. It's a welcome problem to have too many guys at C and G.

Compare this year to last year and it's not even close. Last year at this time we were simply happy to think that finally we had 5 real starters(or at least potential) on the O line. This year we are honestly unsure as to who will start and that is a great problem to have. It sounds like we aren't done in the tackle department either, with the signing of Joel Bell. Plus we still have the wire, June 1st cuts/"roster bonus avoidance" cuts, etc.

The Bills had pegged Hangartner as their center well before free agency began, and why they were quick to go after him.

Am told, very unlikely that will change even with the players Bills added in draft.

jw

thanks for the insight JW. What do you think the FO feels about their OT situation? Run with what they got? Possibly bring in a FA to start or something else?

:lol:

It took a long time this off-season to get the fan base excited, but this fan is pumped now! It's almost impossible to comprehend Lynch disappearing into the middle of the line...

-then exploding through it!!